João Cancelo

JamDav1982

He'll be 50 in 2025

Even Barca are not that off it.

He would be 31 and signing a 4 year contract in 2025 by team that season starts.

Transers like this would be ideal if have a mutual understanding that player leaves after couple seasons to SA having increased their profile at Barca.

To be honest Cancelo seems the type to do that and move for the money to him and club after a couple seasons. Which would not be bad.

jamrock

On a serious note, the only benefit to signing cancelo would be he can play on both flanks, but I'm liking what I've seen from Araujo and Fort showed he can do a job last season.

So I'm not sure i would sign him, but I think he was always likely to end up back here, I don't think flick will like him either, he wants his fullbacks to be good on both sides of the. Ball, that's not cancelo.

A long, plus 15m, I would feel better about, 20M just seems wrong to me.

JamDav1982

On a serious note, the only benefit to signing cancelo would be he can play on both flanks, but I'm liking what I've seen from Araujo and Fort showed he can do a job last season.

So I'm not sure i would sign him, but I think he was always likely to end up back here, I don't think flick will like him either, he wants his fullbacks to be good on both sides of the. Ball, that's not cancelo.

A long, plus 15m, I would feel better about, 20M just seems wrong to me.

Its 27m for Cancelo really when they pay the 7m fee for this season as reported.

Fort needs time but looks good and has good size to him... on Fort.. he can absolutely crack a ball and has a clean strike some of his finishing on those training videos are sweet as a nut.

Araujo I am not sure about and dont think he will be with team. Looks to raw but does have pace. Another loan or sell with % would guess.

Cancelo is shit defensively.. but the Mendes factor will def play a part and he is one who the young players do seem to like and look up to with a bit of gaul to him.

Would only use Cancelo as attacking full back in a system where DMs/CBs cover him. Relying on him defensively would be suicide as seen too often.

Loki

Please no.
We don't have anyone better. He can play both sides, Balde was injured half a year and his form wasn't promising. For a low cost operation, Cancelo is a no brainer in my opinion. Of course we won't win the CL with him defending one side, but he's decent enough in attack and it's not like we have a big pool to choose from. Beggars can't be choosers.

Andresito

Staff member
Pep Guardiola (Manchester City coach): "João Cancelo to re-join our squad? It can happen, yes. He's training with us. We will see. Maybe he stays, maybe he goes on loan, maybe... I don't know yet. He's behaving very well." Via @mundodeportivo

Messi983

We don't have anyone better. He can play both sides, Balde was injured half a year and his form wasn't promising. For a low cost operation, Cancelo is a no brainer in my opinion. Of course we won't win the CL with him defending one side, but he's decent enough in attack and it's not like we have a big pool to choose from. Beggars can't be choosers.

I prefer to play Fort and Valle than give another season to this bum. We won't win anything anyway so why waste more money on his wages when we have cheaper players who can cover these positions.

Loki

I prefer to play Fort and Valle than give another season to this bum. We won't win anything anyway so why waste more money on his wages when we have cheaper players who can cover these positions.
I don't agree with won't win anything. Our playstyle still favors us to win LaLiga, so even if Madrid has the better squad, there is a decent chance to be on top and in CdR anything is possible anyways.
And there's also a difference between not winning a cup, but playing a decent season, or not winning a cup and play a horror season. Trusting Fort and Valle for the season's starting line-up would be insane. They still need to learn a lot.

Messi983

I don't agree with won't win anything. Our playstyle still favors us to win LaLiga, so even if Madrid has the better squad, there is a decent chance to be on top and in CdR anything is possible anyways.
And there's also a difference between not winning a cup, but playing a decent season, or not winning a cup and play a horror season. Trusting Fort and Valle for the season's starting line-up would be insane. They still need to learn a lot.

Agree to disagree. We won't win anything playing all games with 10 players.

I also don't think Cancelo brings anything to the team. That's why we'll probably sign him for 25m or something.

Home of Barca Fans