João Cancelo

Loki

Agree to disagree. We won't win anything playing all games with 10 players.
That's not what I said. I just think it's way too early to give either Fort or Valle a starting line-up spot. They can be back-ups no problem, get experience from there. But you can't throw them into the cold water and have title ambitions at the same time.

TheStig

What offenisive skills? He started last season well but very quickly he became very average even in attack. Maybe a nice flick here and there but nothing really productive. He had 5 asists in 42 matches, he cost us at least double the goals in defence. It's not a surprise that no club wants him so he'll end up here with a mandatory buyout clause and we'll have a player that we want to get rid of before even really singing for us.

FinBarcelonafan

What offenisive skills? He started last season well but very quickly he became very average even in attack. Maybe a nice flick here and there but nothing really productive. He had 5 asists in 42 matches, he cost us at least double the goals in defence. It's not a surprise that no club wants him so he'll end up here with a mandatory buyout clause and we'll have a player that we want to get rid of before even really singing for us.
He was good but most people sour on him after because poor games vs PSG or the big games he didn't perform so well. Otherwise he was good.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
If loan I'd take him without a doubt - he has lots of qualities. Sure Balde is a little better defending, but Cancelo is much much better going forward and can do the unexpected.

Messi983

Will be a big relief if/when this will be confirmed.

Chelsea and Saudis saving us.

Now if they could also convince some of our deadwood (especially one certain player, lol) to join them would be even better but don't expect that.

TheStig

He was mostly a ballhog and defensive disaster. Would be decent for depth, but Balde and Kounde need to start.

I agree he would be a great backup for both fullback positions but it's proven many times that he'll make problems in the chaning room the second he's not a starter and he's just not good enough to be a starter at top clubs. Hope Saudis save us like Chelsea saved us with that ladyboy. We also have a lot of young fullback talents who maybe don't have a long term future at the club but can do the job for this season.

Loki

BREAKING: Cancelo is very close to signing for Al Hilal - he’s heading to Saudi Arabia, barring last minute surprises.
@AdriaAlbets

That ship has sailed. I would have liked another loan of him since Balde doesn't convince me because of his poor offensive output, but it is what it is.

Home of Barca Fans