Joan Laporta

Loki

Do we have any leverage to considering the current deal runs out 2028?
It expires 2026, so we have leverage. Nike certainly didn't offer the new insane deal for fear Barca could break the current contract. They just don't want to lose us.

Porque

It expires 2026, so we have leverage. Nike certainly didn't offer the new insane deal for fear Barca could break the current contract. They just don't want to lose us.

2028 according to this

Loki

2028 according to this

The german sites all say 2026. They extended the old contract that ran until 2018 in 2016. I'm pretty sure it's only until 26 because barca started to pressure Nike hard and they apparently offered this new insane deal in return. But if someone has official news, please share.

Porque

The german sites all say 2026. They extended the old contract that ran until 2018 in 2016. I'm pretty sure it's only until 26 because barca started to pressure Nike hard and they apparently offered this new insane deal in return. But if someone has official news, please share.

All Spanish sources citing 2028 today.

There was talk of the clause to break the contract in 2 years if triggered. So if Barcelona triggered it now, then the contract would be broken in 2026. I suppose that could be where the alternative year come from in Germany sources.

BJJ

We need a proper DM. That's first, than a left winger. Also time to make some sales and not get ripped off in the process.
Laportas obsession with forwards and his big mouth are going to bite us in the backside.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
What we need is complete overhaul.

Get rid of all older players that also take up a lot of wage bill. All the obvious suspects plus Frenkie, ter Stegen and Gundogan. While still quality we need a new direction and new blood.

I think this will happen inevitably next summer when Flick loses his bet on Lewa and co and gets mangled by Catalan press.

Hopefully then fat Laporta is gone too and we finally have a fresh start.

Messigician

Get rid of all older players that also take up a lot of wage bill. All the obvious suspects plus Frenkie, ter Stegen and Gundogan.
Thank you captain obvious

Now how do you propose we do that when they have giant contracts, are due deferred payments and they don’t want to leave because of the warm weather and lifestyle?

BJJ

Get rid of all older players that also take up a lot of wage bill. All the obvious suspects plus Frenkie, ter Stegen and Gundogan. While still quality we need a new direction and new blood.

I think this will happen inevitably next summer when Flick loses his bet on Lewa and co and gets mangled by Catalan press.

Hopefully then fat Laporta is gone too and we finally have a fresh start.
Flick has not even had one friendly match and the forum knives are out already???
🤣 no manager stands a chance here if this is the attitude. Let us judge at the end of the season.

Loki

Joan Laporta: “Our economic situation is much better than it was, we’re on our way back to normality. Today, Barcelona can handle the signings of the size you are talking about because we did the work, and we made a great effort to achieve this, thanks to the understanding and patience of socis, we were able to work, work, work, and today we can say that we are in a position to face any operation that we believe is necessary in the market”

Joan Laporta: “We are speaking with Nike, and are satisfied with the progress of how negotiations have been going. I believe we will get news in the medium term. As for other matters, the sporting area is working on it. What we will not do is carry out operations that undermine the structure that we have. We will be very careful”

It sounds like the club returned back to the 1:1 rule even without the new nike contract. Let's see if true or Laporta just blowing hot air.

Home of Barca Fans