Jonathan Dos Santos

barcanuck

I feel he has stagnated in the last 2 seasons. I would like him to either be loaned out or if he does want to play these Copa games, to play in a different position. Remember Pep tried him at right back I belive. I just think maybe central midfield is not where he should be.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Actually I think he was ok... In fact he was awesome up until their goal which caused him to get a little nervous...

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
What's this commotion about him not being Barca material and having a bad game?

He did quite well during the first half, and played a whole lot of through balls out of which a few more should've been buried. Besides, he was the one who put first Villa through in the early stages of the second half and he was the one who caused Manu Garcia to foul Tello for the free kick, which resulted into a goal.

Definitely a game he shouldn't be ashamed off.

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Yeah, he was doing all right till he kicked the ball that led to their first point. He disappeared after that. Overall he did okay.

Weirdest thing it wasn't even his fault but Montoya's, who completely mistimed his run and lacked communication with Pinto.

There were a few occasions that could have led to a scoring opportunity for Alaves due to the reasons above.

barcanuck

JDS isn't a bad player at all. But he doesn't offer enough. He doesn't offer the offensive flair as Thiago or the tactical awareness of Busquets. He is kind of in no man land between attacking mid and defensive mid.

X

xaviniesta

Weirdest thing it wasn't even his fault but Montoya's, who completely mistimed his run and lacked communication with Pinto.

There were a few occasions that could have led to a scoring opportunity for Alaves due to the reasons above.

it was just just as much his fault like it was JDS or david villa's. just because montoays fault was so obvious and clear to see doesn't mean its only his fault only. JDS created problems for himself by playing in this situation and villa was lazy not to offer himself for the pass there, so thus the lost ball which led to the cross and goal. not to mention JDS played him onside as well.

as for JDS. pfff. tito wanted to load him out and clearly said that basicly you don't get much playing time this season. when he took him off it was again a reminder for him and he looked very very sad. he wants to play here. but it would be much better for him if he'd be load out.

Last edited:

Vapor

He failed to impress, for me. Seems a little stiff out there, not near as fluid or creative as the rest of the Barca midfield, especially Thiago. He's ok but still quite a ways away from 1st team material imo.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Nothing I see from him makes me think he's Barcelona quality in the near term...He's a fine player and there's talent there but he'll always be a bench player at this club

Should go on loan and see consistent minutes, perhaps he'll come back a better contributor...However, I don't see a future for him here

Garrus

He doesn't want to go anywhere and keeps staling his stay with us cause he knows if he left He'll never come back.
He's surely getting some good cash in here, He's hanging around the best players in the world, He thinks why would i want to leave now, I'll try to extend my stay as much as i can, I think his 'i want to prove myself' is a bit of BS, He knows there is no place for him in the future.

GiantKiller

Had an OK performance and at times he and Thiago were playing the tiki-taka so quickly that Song had trouble keeping up. :lol:

He's a decent passer and has a decent shot too but unfortunately, he got too many playing ahead of him in the race for game time. If I were him, I'd leave to another club like Valencia or Malaga, for example, because he has the ability to make it to their first team.

Home of Barca Fans