Jonathan Dos Santos

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes: from the crowd. Give Jonathan his debut, Maxwell some time versus old friends, break the snoozefest at the end of the game, ...

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Pep's subs might be questionable at times but as far as end of the game time wasting subs go nobody is better. Last season he always made sure those who deserved it got their round of applause, with this he allowed Maxwell to chat up his ex-teammates after the game and allowed Johnny to get cheered to help him build up the confidence he will need to show some consistency with the first team.

barca96

but he should at least let dos santos get some touches first..
the game is already in the bag..
if he made some successful passes that wouldve increased his confidence..
if we wrapped up the league by now, pep couldve used more youngsters
for the game in ukraine..
would really ove to see dos santos,muniesa, fontas and gai get some minutes( not seconds)

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
he does it to ease the nerves of the young players get them used to warming up and going on ya know so they will be calmer when the game is still not surely won

but he should at least let dos santos get some touches first..
the game is already in the bag..
if he made some successful passes that wouldve increased his confidence..
if we wrapped up the league by now, pep couldve used more youngsters
for the game in ukraine..
would really ove to see dos santos,muniesa, fontas and gai get some minutes( not seconds)

remember these are still kids and they got tonz of time no need to rush we dont want another giovanni incident now do we..

pedro is a perfect example of how easingthem in giving them seconds here and there and then BAM they start figuring things out and become a major player like pedrazo

barca96

yes yo are right diego messi
i wouldnt want him to end up like his big brother..
hopefully his big brother gives him good advice..

Snake

Well played so far by JDS..... But Villarreal are putting good pressure on him and Xavi

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I think we were all very pleased with Jonathan. One of the rare positives from tonight's match.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Yeh he coped well considering the pressure Villareal were putting on the ball. I don't remember him gifting possession to them tbh.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
very solid outing from jonboy.

a quietly efficient game with one or two stellar passes is exactly what we want from a xavi-esque player.

I expect he'll see more game-time in the near future.

iced1776

I don't think he was any worse than Xavi was tonight, both were playing safe for the most part.

JDS had some impressive moves, composed himself well, and its great to see he isn't afraid to be a physical player considering his small stature.

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
the following conversation took place this morning, about five minutes after Pep finished speaking to Thiago:

Pep: Jonathan, did you hear about Xavi?
JDS: No Entrenador, what has happened?
Pep: Xavi is out for the next two weeks. You and Thiago have next.

Home of Barca Fans