Jordi Alba

FC433

2017/18:
11 assists, 8 in LaLiga and 3 in CDR while 0 in CL

2018/19:
14 assists, 9 in LaLiga, 2 in CDR and 3 in CL

Kul_z

Alba- Messi <= Alves - Messi. Only thing this partnership is missing is cl trophy to be equal or better. I wonder what would it look like if prime alves is on that rb position with this alba on the lb. Messi loves those fullback combinations

BADGERBHOY

Alba- Messi <= Alves - Messi. Only thing this partnership is missing is cl trophy to be equal or better. I wonder what would it look like if prime alves is on that rb position with this alba on the lb. Messi loves those fullback combinations

No partnership will ever be as good as that one.

Kul_z

No partnership will ever be as good as that one.

Im not quite convinced. If you asked me last year that would be the answer, but right now alba is getting on that level like deadly. I loved that assist to suarez because everybody expected the return ball to messi and he pulled of the unexpected. If only he start to shoot more often he'll become so unpredictable yet predictable.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Messi and Alves played closer together than Messi and Alba do. Their connection is always going to be different.
With Dani it was quick 1-2s due to quick moves in tight spaces. With Jordi is the trademark diagonal chip or a short pass (when Leo is central at the edge of the box) behind the defense.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
The closest Alba came to playing like this was in his first season in 12/13 with Iniesta on the LW. Those two had insane chemistry.

Alik

The closest Alba came to playing like this was in his first season in 12/13 with Iniesta on the LW. Those two had insane chemistry.

True, back then Alba was the best LB in world too imo. Somewhere along his career he fell behind Alaba and Marcelo in the "top list". Now he's "left" back up there.

Havesaks

Yeah, he couldn't unleash his full potential at times because of ney ney. The last two seasons he has been the best performing LB by a margin.

YodaMaster

Dude I love Alba but come on. He'll never get on Alves level. Alves is probably GOAT full back, he was superior to Alba in every football aspect except pace. And his partnership with Messi was out of this world because they'd connect in every position and situation while Alba is mainly making great runs then pass back to Messi.

Messi-Alves is untouchable. We'll probably never see such partnership between a full back and an attacker/winger ever again.

Havesaks

Alves was amazing, and he has all in all been a better RB for us than Alba has been a LB. Alves is the better player. But we are truly blessed having such a talented LB as Alba - has there ever been a better one i Barca history?

Home of Barca Fans