Jordi Alba

hellsangel1

I still prefer Abidal over Alba. We need more height and defensive solidity in our back 4. Having two attacking full-backs is only exposing us more. It was allright when we had Alves who was the attacking one while Abidal was more cautious but recently we've been playing with Adriano and Alba who are much better going forward than defending and their lack of height also poses a problem. if we're going to play Adriano and Alba or Alves and Alba we really need Puyol and Pique playing in the side.

It really was hardly surprising that we conceded a goal from a corner. I always hold my breath when our opponent get a corner especially if that team is good in the air. this team would be leaking goals from corners if we played in the EPL.

Last edited:

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I have to agree about Barca's positioning in corners and set-pieces in general, I mean like xaviniesta said, look at this:

PteSs.jpg

look how Wanyama moved to the far post and Watt (I think it was him) kept moving in front of Valdes and both of them had Alba to cover them, the 169 cm left back to cover two giants. Right he could've gone for putting himself in a position where Wanyama should foul him, but that was a long shot to wait for the ref to decide wether you concede or get fouled. And look at Bartra way behind Samaras, Song and Alves left their men behind, this is actually embarrassing :lol:

Barca used man marking for this corner 6v5 in a corner with your tallest players are 2 183 cm players against a gang of giants. I also would have to take Alexis out of the 6 defenders we had in this corner as he was covering the near post, so it was basically 5v5 and that tells the whole story.

It was Miku in front of Valdés... Other than that you are spot on, especially on Dani... He usually leaves his man behind in corners, it's curious that it doesn't get exploited as much...

X

xaviniesta

looks like tito is learning from his mistakes. he put alves AND fabregas to back post now and alba was covering the front post. busquets, masch and pique in the middle and xavi covering the 16m box. worked like a charm :)

i know what you are saying that cesc didn't play, but alexis did vs celtic, he is a very good headerer and has a great jump. he should've been there. also celtic probably much better at this than mallorca too. but shows you how essential busquets and pique, the two tall guys actually are in those situations.

bbtw, messi's 4-2 goal came right after mallorca had corner at 3-2, could've been 3-3 there and another ballgame we would be talking.

Last edited:

Meitux

busquets need to improve in the air,its proven that he is not good,examples like the goal of cr in the super cup,the goal of thiago silva in the group stage of cl last year......

J

jtmx12

I already said it in the chat box when the first half time ended, for me he was MOTM.

Sweet work from Jordi Alba tonight. I remember I wanted to see Bale in Barca, not anymore when we have this crack!

:worthy:

Yugi

what is this guy, he plays as LB as LW and LM
he basicaly plays anywhere on left flank and what are his statistics this season? 5 goals and 4 assists?

Me55i D105

He is probably the best buy so far, he does everything. He is great in the attack and in the defense, I love hard-working players who run a lot and do good things. Keep up the good work.

Last edited:

raskolnikov

He has been extremely good recently, works as hard as puyol or Pedro and still is mixing up in attack often while also defending well.
'He has adjusted to the team so easily, I hope his lack of rest in the summer wont break him up in the spring.

Home of Barca Fans