Jordi Alba

karthik

Dint have a very good start for the game but improved slowly and then put in another great performance. Would like to see him do great from the beginning of the game, but credits to Celta's right wing, they put in under good pressure in the beginning of the game.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I don't think Meta was for him either

Meta was very much pro-Alba, he's Catalan after all.

Yea, HBA and La Furia.

I said he was a propaganda signing (which he was), I know you love playing big man but you know fully well most of my rage was directed toward Song. But I don't think you care, you just want to swing your dick around as Barca forum's big, mature serious poster. Good for you skippy. Stick to gloating about Cesc, a signing I will never deny that I loathed.

I didn't expect Alba to look quite as good as he has, but I also didn't expect Alves to drop off the way he has and Alba has done a good job taking up the work load. Of course the only two things I ever had against him was that he's, like Alves, not really a defender (which isn't a problem except with regards to Barca's horrendous defensive depth), second, the way he forced his way out of Valencia was an incredibly low class move, but that is irrelevant to his merits as a player. And I always thought he was talented, if estranged wants to slander me he should try to find where I called Alba a disaster instead of running his mouth.

But yeah, good for him.

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Meta was very much pro-Alba, he's Catalan after all.

I thought I remember him being against having an Alves like defender on both flanks, not that he was't pro-Alba...Just that we'd be exposed too much with him...He wanted a pure defensive LB who could get forward like Abidal or Luis

Shame, need Meta back

karthik

since that euro final goal he has become goal scoring machine didnt he? add this to his insane speed, ability to defend and track well and his young age
I dare to say he is best LB in world right now, anyone has better candidate?

Not a better candidate, but I would like him to do this, consistently atleast for half the season before daring to say, he is the best in his position.

X

xaviniesta

what is great about alba is that he is at his best when the opponent team try to gasp air. i don't know how many gears this guy has but definately at least 3-4 more than the others. definately a nightmare for defenders when they are tired. but i want to see him more in the opening minutes as well, just a little niptick. otherwise :worthy:

btw he scored a repica of this goal with spain as well recently when pedro gave the same pass to him and he was offside as well, a new weapon for barca, even tricking the assistant refs with this guys movement ;)

btw, had more touches than xavi :xavi:
http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/633785/LiveStatistics/Spain-La-Liga-2012-2013-Barcelona-Celta-Vigo

Last edited:

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I thought I remember him being against having an Alves like defender on both flanks, not that he was't pro-Alba...Just that we'd be exposed too much with him...He wanted a pure defensive LB who could get forward like Abidal or Luis

Shame, need Meta back

That was my opinion, I'm pretty sure Meta disagreed with me as usual and assumed Barca's defense was good enough to handle it.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
Alba is an underrated defender, a bit vulnerable on set-pieces because of his height but that's it. I love his gritty play.

I have to laugh @ Alba being "a propaganda signing" when he had an incredible campaign w/ Valencia last season. I knew he would have an impact immediately.

M

messi_xavi_iniesta

top signing. His speed makes him a reliable defender and a awesome winger.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I'm not going to hold the first goal against him, even though he definitely should have done better... However, he wasn't sharp in attack, he sure got into some nice positions and was very lively, but his final ball was lacking tonight...

Home of Barca Fans