Jordi Alba

abual3bed1

He was good last night, but at some point I thought he lacks some understanding with his passes and how to move after the pass.

other than that, he's a defensive beast and ridiculously fast. still more to come from this little man.

X

xaviniesta

at some point I thought he lacks some understanding with his passes and how to move after the pass.

wrong thread eh? i've always though this is one of his best aspect of the game. how after he passes the ball he quickly take 3-4 steps behind to get away from defender to give iniesta or alexis the free pass back to him. he is so good at it. similar to what pedro and alves do.

Theconomist

Why isn't there any legendary left back in football today? Abidal was untouchable before his injury but he started out really slow. Cole is inconsistent. Lahm plays at right back these daus but none of these are cracks. I miss Roberto Carlos and Maldini.

Hatem Ben Arfa

media.media.6e55b0be-3bf6-47ac-8498-1d4114b9374a.normalized.jpeg

still only 20 years old.

Hatem Ben Arfa

Alaba is awesome already.

all I remember of Willems was him getting destroyed at the Euro2012 against Portugal. I was surprised he was never substituted.

BerkeleyBernie

There are a few youngsters I'm excited about, Alaba is one of them. Willems is another. Time will tell.

Ricardo Rodriguez (20/Wolfsburg/Switzerland) is another. And for more established players, Marcelo and Coentrao. I'd say right back is the position with less talent: Debuchy, Piszczek...who else?

In general, hard to find great defenders who can both defend and contribute offensively. Fast, tall, agile, vision, accuracy, calm...hard to get the whole package.

MqSxY

Ricardo Rodriguez (20/Wolfsburg/Switzerland) is another. And for more established players, Marcelo and Coentrao. I'd say right back is the position with less talent: Debuchy, Piszczek...who else?

In general, hard to find great defenders who can both defend and contribute offensively. Fast, tall, agile, vision, accuracy, calm...hard to get the whole package.

I do not think that Debuchy and Piszczek can be counted as talanted players due to the fact that they are 27 years old. At this age players are usually at the peak of their capabilities and it is unlikely that they will improve in future (Debuchy and Piszcek).

Meitux

Jenkinson :troll:

BarcaGirl

Alba is not training because of tonsillitis (some kind of viral or bacterial infection) [barcastuff]
Official: Alba has the flu, he will have new tests on Friday to see if he'll be available for the game against Getafe on Saturday

Last edited:

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Alba is not training because of tonsillitis (some kind of viral or bacterial infection) [barcastuff]
Official: Alba has the flu, he will have new tests on Friday to see if he'll be available for the game against Getafe on Saturday

if it's bad he could be out for a couple of weeks... but it seems like they reacted quickly

Home of Barca Fans