Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
He played against Madrid:

DUBTE-jugador_54363244539_54115221152_960_640.jpg

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Nice pic there Corb.

First time Roura lost points! Maybe he should have made subs earlier. We could have killed the game on counter but looked sluggish towards the end.

Irish_Cules

Nice pic there Corb.

First time Roura lost points! Maybe he should have made subs earlier. We could have killed the game on counter but looked sluggish towards the end.

I think it was still Tito making the subs. Apparently he was in contact with Roura via a mobile app during the game.

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
Nice pic there Corb.

He actually didn't lost a single point. It wasn't a league game. ^^ The most important thing is to progress to the final.

Stric

Am I the only one who's really pissed off about the shit this guy's been given lately? Even on this forum. People are calling him an idiot with no knowledge of the game and whatnot... it's ridiculous, and uncalled for. Have some respect, will ya? There's a reason why Jordi Roura is the assistant manager of FC Barcelona, and you or me are not. And besides, what makes you think that he's the one pulling the (wrong) strings lately? It's been said numerous times that Tito is in touch with the staff even during games. So all this "Roura is an idiot, Tito would do better" talk is complete nonsense. The only thing I can understand to some extent is that people think Tito would do a better job motivating the team, although that doesn't have to be true, either. It's not as if the players have no respect for Roura, and besides, Tito is no Pep when it comes to charisma and motivation. Anyways, I've gone off topic, have some damn respect for the guy who's been chosen to be our leader in these times of crisis. I can imagine people being pissed about some results, but I cannot understand why some of them actually believe and have the nerve to say that Roura is an idiot, or that he doesn't know shit.

Tembbi

Well, all I know is that it isn't good the old manager steps down, new (existing) steps up and disappears (God bless Tito with his illness) and then the third guy leads Barca.
All tactical decisions are made by Tito anyway. Point is that the team is lacking a true leader at the moment.

Anyone calling Roura an idiot is entitled to their opinion but those people base their name calling on nothing but the result of the game, which as you pointed out, is wrong.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
He made two crucial mistakes tonight:

First and foremost, talking about the ref... He set the stage for our horrible diving and the endless protests, our players were way more motivated to whine to ref than to play football... And now it's even worse because the ref had nothing to do with the result...
Second, that lineup for Gamper's sake! Play who's on form, not those who earn more money! And adapt to the situation, is it that hard?

F

Flavia

First and foremost, talking about the ref... He set the stage for our horrible diving and the endless protests, our players were way more motivated to whine to ref than to play football... And now it's even worse because the ref had nothing to do with the result...
Second, that lineup for Gamper's sake! Play who's on form, not those who earn more money! And adapt to the situation, is it that hard?
It seems Tito is calling the shots from NY, so if Roura is to blame of anything, is following orders.

M

mikecraig

It is not the fault of the new Coach it was Pep who sold all our strikers and Defenders in favour of midfielders
How the fuck is he goin to tell messi not to do the same thing he has been doing before? Which Pep let him do. Will messi listen to him?
The moment Pep put Messi in the middle and started selling all other goal scorers he planted a time bomb which just blew up

F

Flavia

It is not the fault of the new Coach it was Pep who sold all our strikers and Defenders in favour of midfielders
How the fuck is he goin to tell messi not to do the same thing he has been doing before? Which Pep let him do. Will messi listen to him?
The moment Pep put Messi in the middle and started selling all other goal scorers he planted a time bomb which just blew up
Time bomb? The other teams just figured out how to stop Messi now, and Barça's staff is not looking for alternatives. There was no time-bomb. Pep making him false 9 made Barça one of the best teams ever.
But of course it wouldn't last forever, and new tactics are needed now. For a while, actually, and the refusal to do something is enerving.

SoMa

Maybe hes not a good man manager, a poor motivator.

Can't even be sure who is making the tactical mistakes, him or tito. Im sure calling shots from a phone about what he sees on a screen (from a broadcast that has delays like all do, or does he get a special webcam access? lol) isnt exactly an ideal situation for tito.

DennyCrane

True. Talking bout the ref was completely unneccessary, and yes, our players dived... a lot... and quite dilettantish I might add.

The line-up, I don't know whether he's to blame for that. I mean, who's in charge of the line-up now ? Tito or Roura ? Can Roura make changes to it and if yes, in what way. May he change tactics on his own and to what degree ? Who ultimately decides on the subs, like who and when to sub ? To be honest, I don't get any of what the management does right now but I know for sure it's chaotic and half-assed for all intents and purposes.

Also, it was ultimately a bad idea to make Peps' disc jockey the coach in the most important part of the season, but that, again, ain't Rouras' fault. The club should have kept their eyes open for an interim solution with some experience when Tito went off to NY for treatment at the latest.

Time bomb? The other teams just figured out how to stop Messi now, and Barça's staff is not looking for alternatives. There was no time-bomb. Pep making him false 9 made Barça one of the best teams ever.
But of course it wouldn't last forever, and new tactics are needed now. For a while, actually, and the refusal to do something is enerving.

IMO, what we need is a winger or 2 who can score. Which is part of the reason we should use Villa. We should keep Messi at false 9, just use another scorer or 2 with him.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
I personally think Roura could be your SAF for the next 20 years or so

:lol: i actually feel kinda sorry for him.

Home of Barca Fans