Jose Mourinho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beast

The Observer
1. Anyone who says Pellegrini is a better manager than Mourinho is an idiot. Mourinho has the potential to be the greatest manager of all time.
2. You using the Malaga situation to trash Pellegrini makes you as big of an idiot as those people. The owners of Malaga are clearly frauds, a typical La Liga story where nothing is ever as it seems. Considering the turnover any manager would struggle with that squad, though some (including Mourinho) would do a better job than Pellegrini who is too patient for that situation. He has been a failure but so has everyone involved with that team. Expect the Sheiks to cut their losses over the summer and leave Malaga another bankrupt mess in a nation of bankrupt messes.

Mourinho has been hardly inspirational this year, he's been a parody of himself more than a visionary. But you know what? I said that about Mourinho at Inter too. Over the summer Madrid needs to cut off some of their flash, bring in more defensive minded bruisers, and Mourinho will bring Madrid the treble.

Nolan the Malaga squad is way better than at least 10 other teams , do you disagree with that POV ?
I'm taking it far but seriously a lot of managers can do a lot better with a squad containing several great potentials and established names.. he had free hand in the winter to pull his thing and yet he can't buy a win still .

The Malaga squad was doing excellent entertaining job under Ferriera earlier this season they just had a huge defensive problem which is clearly the same situation now with a worse problem that even the attacking part is gone as well
I'm sorry but a team contains Baptista,Camacho,Demichelis , Asenjo (before he was injured AGAIN ),Arnau,Duda,Qunicy Owusu , the butcher Weligton , Maresca , Mtiliga , Rondon,Eliseu should definitely do a lot better than to be 20th in la liga.... i mean it's not a rocket science ... surely they can
Wow, when did we ever say he was better than Mourinho? You imagining things now?

I said he was doing a better job with Madrid than Jose is doing now IMO, that's totally different from saying he's better than Mou...and no one ran away but I don't feel like reading all that right now :rolleyes:
Doing a better job in la liga vs the other 18 teams (par Barca ) isn't a commendable job with our squad.. Doing a better job is a clear indirect way of saying he is better then Jose don't you think ?
That's the thing. They have the players that can bring the flash. The only problem is that those players can't be flashy under the system they're playing. I think it's the midfield that's the problem though. They're missing one player that can help them win titles, and that is a backyard bruiser DM. Khedira IMO is too soft to be a DM. Although I feel Xabi Alonso was one of the smartest signings RM has ever done post Calderon (as well as +1 for brushing away politics), he is a deep lying playmaker like Xavi and isn't a bruiser. Gago isn't RM quality. Granero's too creative to partner Xabi Alonso. RM should've used their money on a backyard bruiser DM with decent footskills (Mascherano IMO) instead of Khedira. However, they still have the money to do that buy selling Kaka, so I don't think that's a problem for next year.

You mean like Lass or previously Momo Diarra ?? i think what we miss is another creative partner for Xabi to share the burden ..with a skill to recap the ball when we lose it..
I think if we had De La Red we wouldn't be missing anything.. i hope Granero can fill that job .. Khedira has his games he is the "Motta " of this squad brings height and strength he is a lot awful than Motta going forward.. but i will give him time..
Gago belongs to (since we are discussing it ) Malaga not RM
Destroyers isn't what we need IMO

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
Nolan the Malaga squad is way better than at least 10 other teams , do you disagree with that POV ?

Doing a better job in la liga vs the other 18 teams (par Barca ) isn't a commendable job with our squad.. Doing a better job is a clear indirect way of saying he is better then Jose don't you think ?

Not necessarily ...

Jose's general managerial abilities in comparison with Pelli is one thing, comparing their respective performance over the course of a specified period of time with the same team is something entirely different

Jose is a better manager that isn't even up for discussion, however him having the better reputation doesn't mean he automatically is doing a better job than Pelli did, he has to prove it on the pitch just like everybody else.

Imagine this...

What if people watched Real this season and last without knowing who each manager is, assume just 2 random managers, up until this point of the season...I guarantee you the number of people arguing this season's Real is doing better will drastically decrease...

Jose has done much more as a manager than Manuel, and that fact unfortunately clouds people's judgement when engaging in this debate.

Beast

The Observer
It actually depend which game you are watching ? are you watching Real- Villarreal last season or Real -Lyon ? or Real - Barca ? Barca-Real ?
same for this season are you watching Barca-Real , Real-Milan ? ...
both had good and bad games however the accomplishment so far is that Jose did get better results in the games that matter for our fans except for the Classico

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
It actually depend which game you are watching ? are you watching Real- Villarreal last season or Real -Lyon ? or Real - Barca ? Barca-Real ?
same for this season are you watching Barca-Real , Real-Milan ? ...
both had good and bad games however the accomplishment so far is that Jose did get better results in the games that matter for our fans except for the Classico

Not one or two games, overall performance over the whole course of the season up until now, just imagine people didn't know who the managers were...
You'll see a chunk of people dropping out of the debate just because they don't know the manager is Jose Mourinho.

Jose did get better results in the games that matter for our fans except for the Classico

Let's not forget the Classico is much more than a game that matters, its one of the matches that Real fans look forward to all season, one of the biggest rivalry in the world and the game that everyone in the world was watching. Pelle made Real look on par with Barca last season in Camp Nou, Jose made them look like Malaga...if he wasn't Jose fans would've had his head in a platter a long time ago

Beast

The Observer
Not really , he played brilliantly away but the game @ home is a one to forget totally .. even with Barca missing plenty of players we were so lost and disoriented
Overall Jose season isn't over yet but competition wise he surpassed Pellegrini
regarding the tactics.. they will know the difference as Jose team has a shape Pellegrini kept changing formation all the time you couldn't tell last season what is Real shape or Tactics.. the stats deceive and i urge you to refer back to even cule's comments and Madridistas last season
the difference is the form of Higuain and CR both scored 53 goals but if you ask anyone what was Real tactic last season he would be lying to tell you he know .. he switched between 6 formations we had zero shape

deelio

just watched a vid of how mourinho celebrated in the nou camp last year. what an asshole.

so happy we beat him 5-0 this season. can't wait will we do it again.

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
Not really , he played brilliantly away but the game @ home is a one to forget totally .. even with Barca missing plenty of players we were so lost and disoriented
Overall Jose season isn't over yet but competition wise he surpassed Pellegrini
regarding the tactics.. they will know the difference as Jose team has a shape Pellegrini kept changing formation all the time you couldn't tell last season what is Real shape or Tactics.. the stats deceive and i urge you to refer back to even cule's comments and Madridistas last season
the difference is the form of Higuain and CR both scored 53 goals but if you ask anyone what was Real tactic last season he would be lying to tell you he know .. he switched between 6 formations we had zero shape

I'm not gonna disagree with you on that the Higua-naldo duo helped Manuel loads, but like I said before he had less to work with then Jose, no Ozil, no Di Maria, etc...Carvallo is also a key difference here IMO

Anyways we'll just have to wait and see how the season ends up, I might be wrong and I might be right lets see what happens ;)

Just curious how did you respond to cules comments last season regarding Pelle? Were you defending him or agreeing with them? Just can't see you agreeing with all the cules here tbh :lol:

Beast

The Observer
I wanted Manuel so much .. i really loved his work with Villarreal
It all went well till January ( i even didn't bother with Alco result in the copa or Milan in the CL ) when he started tinkering with the formation so much and the second half subs didn't do the trick
the eyes opener was the Lyon game .. i noticed how helpless he is and didn't motivate the players , in the crucial games he was so calm and lacked the motivational mental preparation for the game .. u could easily see there was no difference in the mentality between the first half and second half . still i excused him and blamed Higuain selfishness in the game
comes the second classico and it was a repeat of Lyon game.. Manuel was more a watcher than a go getter , the team couldn't shape up due to the constant changes between 4-3-3, 4-2-2-2 -4-2-3-1 ...etc he play the same formation till he lose a game or a point .. than switch to a new formation for several games..repeat the same steps
yes you may say Ozil but lets not forget Van Der Vaart really had a great season last year same thing for Guti who had an amazing final year .. it wasn't all gloomy

He is a very good manager , not for Real though he needs a team which provide patience for his work
I recommended him for Liverpool .. and i still believe he could have won silverware in the EPL with them or even Inter .. but in a league like the Spanish league where (and i'll quote Sid Lowe glorious comment ) for Barca and Real " a draw is the new loss and a loss is crisis" .. Pellegerini isn't the man for the job

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
I still think Madrid should have kept him, the title race would have been more competitive then

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
I wanted Manuel so much .. i really loved his work with Villarreal
It all went well till January ( i even didn't bother with Alco result in the copa or Milan in the CL ) when he started tinkering with the formation so much and the second half subs didn't do the trick
the eyes opener was the Lyon game .. i noticed how helpless he is and didn't motivate the players , in the crucial games he was so calm and lacked the motivational mental preparation for the game .. u could easily see there was no difference in the mentality between the first half and second half . still i excused him and blamed Higuain selfishness in the game
comes the second classico and it was a repeat of Lyon game.. Manuel was more a watcher than a go getter , the team couldn't shape up due to the constant changes between 4-3-3, 4-2-2-2 -4-2-3-1 ...etc he play the same formation till he lose a game or a point .. than switch to a new formation for several games..repeat the same steps
yes you may say Ozil but lets not forget Van Der Vaart really had a great season last year same thing for Guti who had an amazing final year .. it wasn't all gloomy

He is a very good manager , not for Real though he needs a team which provide patience for his work
I recommended him for Liverpool .. and i still believe he could have won silverware in the EPL with them or even Inter .. but in a league like the Spanish league where (and i'll quote Sid Lowe glorious comment ) for Barca and Real " a draw is the new loss and a loss is crisis" .. Pellegerini isn't the man for the job

Fair points ...

I see your point on him not being the perfect man for Real Madrid, though I still believe he did a splendid job with them last season regardless of him not being the perfect man for that position. Especially given that it was his first year and that he was competing against arguably the best team in history coming off a treble season. He pushed us all the way down to the final round and I commend him for that...

You make strong points on why he isn't the man for the job though I'm curious, had Higuain scored that open goal vs Lyon and RM went through to the semi's or the final would've you still had this strong stance against him?

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Fair points ...

I see your point on him not being the perfect man for Real Madrid, though I still believe he did a splendid job with them last season regardless of him not being the perfect man for that position. Especially given that it was his first year and that he was competing against arguably the best team in history coming off a treble season. He pushed us all the way down to the final round and I commend him for that...

You make strong points on why he isn't the man for the job though I'm curious, had Higuain scored that open goal vs Lyon and RM went through to the semi's or the final would've you still had this strong stance against him?

What Beast is saying and the difference maker really is that with Higuain's missed opportunity, Pellegrini was defeated. Some coaches are defeated but exert every ounce of energy battling a losing fight to leave the pitch after 90 minutes knowing that had given the team their all.

Pellegrini didn't, he wilted. Maybe he did, but that is not enough for Madrid. This is the club we are, you yell, you sweat, you fight, you try once, twice three time four time and you keep on trying until the referee has blown the whistle. Some days you are out talented, out played, out smarted, out resources and out of tournament. But you try. You give people a reason for trying. You stick to your guns and fail because it is inevitable. But you never say die. The season ends and you begin a new one. You win some, you lose some.

Because Madrid are going against the best team in history of the game, arguably, they sacked Pellegrini and brought in someone who never wilts. Madrid are trying and they never say die.

Whether the policy or decisions work is up for time to be realized but Real Madrid is all about moving forward.

There is a reason that people love Capello for all his criticism, there is a reason why people like Pep, SAF, like Cruijff, Del Bosque, and now are all crazy about Mourinho. It isn't about what is right or wrong really, so many things change and circumstances are difficult to control but there is a certain element that certain coaches possess that lacks with others. That will power to try and to put your credibility on the line at every turn is not something Pellegrini displayed at Madrid.

Compared to Barcelona, Real Madrid are far behind, but Mourinho and the team always try. Even when we were way outclassed and defeated 5-0.

Beast

The Observer
Fair points ...

Your answer is below...
What Raed wrote is what is known in Spain as" Madrisimo "
the embodiment of Real Madrid through their history .. the never say die .. the Madrisimo
That's why some players are described as the embodiment of that Spirit like Raul , like Hierro, Di Stefano ..etc
Capello,Del Bosque, Jose is
Pellegrini isn't
What Beast is saying and the difference maker really is that with Higuain's missed opportunity, Pellegrini was defeated. Some coaches are defeated but exert every ounce of energy battling a losing fight to leave the pitch after 90 minutes knowing that had given the team their all.

Pellegrini didn't, he wilted. Maybe he did, but that is not enough for Madrid. This is the club we are, you yell, you sweat, you fight, you try once, twice three time four time and you keep on trying until the referee has blown the whistle. Some days you are out talented, out played, out smarted, out resources and out of tournament. But you try. You give people a reason for trying. You stick to your guns and fail because it is inevitable. But you never say die. The season ends and you begin a new one. You win some, you lose some.

Because Madrid are going against the best team in history of the game, arguably, they sacked Pellegrini and brought in someone who never wilts. Madrid are trying and they never say die.

Whether the policy or decisions work is up for time to be realized but Real Madrid is all about moving forward.

There is a reason that people love Capello for all his criticism, there is a reason why people like Pep, SAF, like Cruijff, Del Bosque, and now are all crazy about Mourinho. It isn't about what is right or wrong really, so many things change and circumstances are difficult to control but there is a certain element that certain coaches possess that lacks with others. That will power to try and to put your credibility on the line at every turn is not something Pellegrini displayed at Madrid.

Compared to Barcelona, Real Madrid are far behind, but Mourinho and the team always try. Even when we were way outclassed and defeated 5-0.

I couldn't have said it better even if i spent a week trying to write it down
perfect

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep

Good post ...

So you're saying even if RM comes out trophy-less this season you'd still be satisfied because you know Jose put his credibility on the line and was willing to take risks to change games ? Basically done all he can do and wasn't passive...
I see your point but I really doubt many Madristas will see it through your eyes...

The never-say-die attitude is important and everything, but what made the likes of SAF and Del Bosque great is the fact that they matched that with success.
Jose has the same attitude no doubt, but that alone without major silverware definitely won't be enough to keep his position at the RM bench ...

Time will tell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans