Jose Mourinho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beast

The Observer
You have to take into consideration that Del Bosque was and still is a Madridista .. played , coached the B team and coached the first team .. he knew it all and represent that spirit
Jose gained popularity few years ago by being a thorn in your side same away any neutral coach would be for Barca if he piss off Real , there was serious doubts about his tactics and that's why our fans were very reluctant to support the move in the summer and few years ago
a 4-5-1 defensive formation would have seen the white flags waving through out the stadium in protest but he changed his style with Real and won them over ..
in contrast with the more stubborn Capello who kept his conservative tactics for half the league and endured insults (Jose is insult free till now - just comparing) till the second half of the season
the never say die attitude for the team and Fabio transformed his popularity from get out to MUST STAY

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Good post ...

So you're saying even if RM comes out trophy-less this season you'd still be satisfied because you know Jose put his credibility on the line and was willing to take risks to change games ? Basically done all he can do and wasn't passive...
I see your point but I really doubt many Madristas will see it through your eyes...

The never-say-die attitude is important and everything, but what made the likes of SAF and Del Bosque great is the fact that they matched that with success.
Jose has the same attitude no doubt, but that alone without major silverware definitely won't be enough to keep his position at the RM bench ...

Time will tell

It is not easy to support Madrid when Barcelona are playing that well. Therefore those who remain in support of Los Blancos know all about Madridismo. Given that our revenue is still topping the charts, we aren't short of fans. Glory hunters come and go, but we have enough Madridistas to keep us floating.

This is the club, this is how it presents itself, this is what it stands for. If people choose to support it then, these are the pillars that keep Madrid a top club year in, year out. Our biggest problem was we let Capello out and brought in Schuster who undid all the winning mentality that Capello worked so hard for to instill. Mourinho is bringing it back, but all this talk will mean nothing if he doesn't get us past Lyon. We need to, we have to.

C

Carefree

Hope we get Jose back in the summer, best manager in the world by a canter. Interesting to see whether Barcelona can end his home record next month.

Birdy

-Whether Pellegrini possessed the never-say-die attitude is something i cannot tell.. As well as his abilities in psychological realm and the motivation and inspiration he could infuse to the players..

-The fact that he was messing up with the formation is a sign of some prolific examination , and many managers have done so before sticking to one formation..

But the problematic nature lies in the fact that no-one in Madrid was willing to give Pellegrini time.. He presented a team able to play dominant football with a flair and attacking style. He failed to win the big games, but who knows if he would have failed this year..
Murinho is famous for his ability to conquer the throne of success as soon as possible with any team, but is he able to stay there?
I say no.. His urgeness to leave one club for another and pursue new challenges maybe part of his fear to try remain on the top.. Because reaching the top is always easier than remaining there (this is what Ferguson has been doing the last 20 years and Guardiola is trying now..) . Besides, many people have been 'kings for a night'.. Even Benitez (which i consider one of the worst managers) have won a CL and an UEFA cup..
On the horizon of 2-3 seasons in the future, he will deliver something for sure for MAdrid. But, then why not give this margin of 2-3 seasons to pellegrini?
if Jose ends this season trophyless, Pellegrini would have a fair point t say that he presented the same thing with a more fascinating way and he was the victim of murinho's huge reputation ..

What is more, agree 100% with Catalonian Devil. If someone watched all the games of madrid this season so far, without knowing the manager, i bet 1)he would not tell murinho is, 2) he would not be so much satisfied with what he would have seen..

Last thing, football played so far by Jose in madrid may be effective but IMO more defensive for MAdrid the last 10 + years with the exception of capello..

Beast

The Observer
Yes that's why Claudio Ranieri is known to be a very prolific manager... very ... very
they never called him tinkerman at all
And yes we can tell if he has the never say die or not.. we saw him standing there for around 50 games

Birdy

And do you bet that if Pellegrini have stayed for a couple of seasons more he would always finish behind barcelona, get eliminated in the first KO round CL and get eliminated from Copa del Rey also ???..

Birdy

The fact that he was sucked will never let us know ...

PS By the way, i do not know if they call him tinkerman, but ranieri is a very good manager.. First preference chelsea fans to replace ancelotti, and nearly stole serie A title from murinho (but for the slip against sampdoria home) last year with the team and the roster of Roma!

Beast

The Observer
Mate.. Tinkermen managers don't win anything..
to win something you need to have a fixed shape so the coordination of the players on the pitch and their passing improve overtime to reach perfection to the point they blindly know what they will do
tinkering doesn't mean that you have a fixed formation forever but you have a fixed stable lineup for some seasons .. it's good to change in order to refresh the team and surprise the teams you play (see Barca for example ) but not switch every 4-5 games
That's why Ranieri flopped , his record is rubbish for a good manager , yes you will enjoy his game but you will never win titles

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
Mourinho & Real

Gio, your take please ...

let's say Real do not win the CL. If, as the article hypothesises, Mourinho goes to Perez in the summer break and presents a list of demands to Perez which includes an him-or-me ultimatum with Valdano ... do you think Perez caves and fires Valdano knowing that with proper squad re-inforcement Mourinho could bring a treble? or does he tell Mourinho to *bleep* off?

Beast

The Observer
I'm too nervous @ the moment , i promise to read and reply after the game...
can't tell you to wish us luck..

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
I won't wish Real luck ... they don't need it as far as I'm concerned ... but whatever the result ... I hope you're able to sleep well tonight. I did not sleep for two days after the Inter - FCB 2nd leg last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans