Joshua Kimmich

FC B

I really doubt Barca could sign him even if he wants a move from Munich. Let's hope though.

Barca would be having a solid midfield with him, FdJ, Pedri, Gavi.

JamDav1982

Sell FDJ to any of the top clubs that would gladly have him.

Sign Rabiot, Fabian Ruiz etc or all those lads that the brains trust can do the job of FDJ and then sign Kimmich with the winnings to replace Busi.

Top stuff.

FDJ and Pedri are world class.. adding Kimmich would be class and best mid going but cant Bayern ever selling him.

Messigician

❗️Kimmich doesn’t plan to leave Bayern. He wants to play in the Champions League not the Europe League @Plettigoal

fergus90

There is 0% chance Bayern let him go even if he wanted to.

Next summer a transfer becomes much more feasible if he decides he needs a new challenge and won’t renew after 2025.

Plus he’s still only 29 then and able to operate at the top level for another 4 or so seasons.

BBZ8800

One of the most overrated players on our forum

The same as how Lewa looked way better than he is at Bayern, the same is with Kimmich.

Nothing special in the NT and in a CL.
Good player only at Bayern vs German minows gung-ho teams.

He would probably play well at an All star Man City under Pep.
And he would fail in every other big European club where the circumstances are no 100% perfect.

Eye candy type of a midfielder like Verratti, Arthur, Thiago, but more or less, nothing significant ever comes from them on the highest level.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member

The same as how Lewa looked way better than he is at Bayern, the same is with Kimmich.

And he would fail in every other big European club where the circumstances are no 100% perfect.

Eye candy type of a midfielder like Verratti, Arthur, Thiago, but more or less, nothing significant ever comes from them on the highest level.
Who would you like to see at Barca?

ajnotkeith

Question : give 5 players who you think are world-class in midfield, out of genuine curiosity.

fergus90

He's actually second only to Toni Kroos for key passes in the CL since 2017.

Impressed Arthur somehow made it into the comparison though :lol:

Last edited:

Porque

Kimmich has something ridiculous like a 90-95% pass success rate every season, with 13km+ per game. I think if you have him and Frenkie in the double pivot of the midfield 4, then you are covering the midfield immensely and opening the field for Pedri and the attack.

Plus unlike with Busi, Kimmich-FdJ-Pedri can actually form a midfield trio that would be competitive against top sides.

Kimmich and Brozovic are the safe bets really for next season. I don't think Bayern would sell, so something like Brozovic for 30-40m (less if we can somehow role in Kessie) + a future bet like Diaz (simply because we been linked alot) for 10ish might be best for business.

topt

Lewa was probably telling kimmich how great of a city Barcelona is compared to Bayern.

I don't remember the Bayern fan who was angrily telling us, that Bayern are a bigger team than Barcelona in the Summer, if we sign kimmich while at our lowest, it will be a nice little lol for him
only LOL here is you guys actually believe this can happen

jamrock

only LOL here is you guys actually believe this can happen
Oh yea it was you 😂😂.

You still believe that nonsense? You probably do lol.

We won't sign kimmich everyone knows this, but the thought of it happening is funny as hell to me.

Although if we had the money he would come, because again LEVELS.

topt

Oh yea it was you 😂😂.

You still believe that nonsense? You probably do lol.

We won't sign kimmich everyone knows this, but the thought of it happening is funny as hell to me.

Although if we had the money he would come, because again LEVELS.
he he, sure mate; its kind od sad you guys have to keep repeating that to feel good about yourself; nobody on bayern forum is talking about this LEVELS cause its kind of clear

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Generally speaking, I would agree, Bayern never sell unless they have to OR key players have earned some latitude to request a trade without playing it out in the media. Lewy did this and perhaps Kimmich will too

What I took from Xavi’s pressy today was that first & foremost, he wants not just a replacement for Busi but a world class player. Currently, that means either Zubi or the linked Kimmich - neither would come easily or cheaply. But seems clear that is Xavi’s desire and I understand his POV

For me, RB is a bigger pressing issue in general but we thought Busi would stay at least one more season & we know FDJ cannot play that role. Just about every time Busquets didn’t play, we looked more lost than usual in the passing or attacking phases of the game - few do what he can do

Still think Kimmich is a 3/10 probability of happening but between him & Zubi I would take the German - mostly for his character & versatility. Zubi also a tough acquisition but more realistic at 6/10 should Laporta & Alemany work out a deal that La Real would accept

I’m inclined to think Zubi will be the target in the end but I would go for Kimmich if the rumour is indeed true he approached Barca because I also believe he could convince Munich board to negotiate a transfer

Going to be an interesting summer

Home of Barca Fans