Juan Foyth

Birdy

4%? Which statistics are you using?

FbRef says Emerson wins 1.50 aerial duels p90 vs Dest's 0.6. I assume you are taking win percentage which of course is irrelevant without being contextualised in the amount of duels attempted.

FBREF of course. Enjoy Emerson's shocking numbers...

Yes, percentage.
It's super low for a player that is labeled as 'atheltic' and all that crap.
Of course Dest is not engaging in aerial duels as he is super short and not good on the air. We know that, don't we?

jamrock

LOL:lol:
Good try, but couldn't be furthest from the truth.

Ran a stat comparison between Dest and Emerson, and Dest eclipses him in almost all categories offensively and defensively

Some of Emerson's numbers are shocking BTW:
for instance, Emerson gets dribbled past 1.29 times per 90' (Dest 0.54)
His tackle win % is as low as 46.9% (Dest's 67.9%)
His progressive distance carrying the ball is ONLY 98.8yrds per 90' (Dest's 189.4)

and others like dribble % per 90, pressure success per 90 are abysmal

Candy on top: Emerson who is 'athletic' and so many points taller than Dest wins only 4% more aerial duels (a category where Dest is bad)

I never got what people saw in him.
He is as average, mediocre, and bad for top level as it gets...

Damn lies & statistics.

Stats can say what they want, I know what I see with the eye test, royal is better than dest, by a fair distance.

Birdy

Beware of that "eye test"

Some folk here were claiming Dembele is not a good dribbler judging by the "eye test"

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Emerson would not be a good fit for us either. He's simply too limited technically and I can see him returning to a mid-table team in Spain in a year or two once Spurs find an upgrade.

Reason Dest won't succeed here(if he's sold) is because he sadly seem to be a bit of a dumbass. Reports he struggles to understand whatever concepts and instructions Xavi gives him.

JamDav1982

Birdy never done trying to find statistics to support his argument and using them in way he doesnt understand.

Some of shocking players has used stats for is sensational.

Loved Semedo, loved Mingueza.. loves Dest.

Boy fair has an eye for a player....

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Anyway thankfully Villarreal are forcing us to pay his 42m buyout clause essentially ruling him out and making us dodge a bullet.

FinBarcelonafan

Hmm.

Theory:

If they go for Alexander Arnold(rumour) next summer then this move makes way more sense.

Foyth is capable sub for Arnold but he can cover CB too, meaning depth there. He can add depth to CB and RB, without being starter.

iniestaGOAT

Why so? He was pretty solid when I've watched him. As said last summer was a mistake to keep Dest and sell him.

Emerson is shit

We need to sign foyth tho sign as many players as possible get rid of everybody from the old team stinking it up

New regime

Andresito

Staff member
Anyway thankfully Villarreal are forcing us to pay his 42m buyout clause essentially ruling him out and making us dodge a bullet.

Don't celebrate yet.

There will be no problem reaching an agreement with Foyth himself. Bar?a are going to present an initial proposal of about €30m + variables to Villarreal, who want €42m. Foyth will 'play his game'. [@gerardromero]

Messigician

don't celebrate yet.

there will be no problem reaching an agreement with foyth himself. Bar?a are going to present an initial proposal of about ?30m + variables to villarreal, who want ?42m. Foyth will 'play his game'. [@gerardromero]

please just play dest

Porque

Don't celebrate yet.

There will be no problem reaching an agreement with Foyth himself. Bar?a are going to present an initial proposal of about ?30m + variables to Villarreal, who want ?42m. Foyth will 'play his game'. [@gerardromero]

30m for Foyth!? I don't know whether to :lol: or cry.

If we sign him for the amounts stipulated, then the only conclusion is that Laporta's levers are some kind of Brewsters Millions Deal, where if we spend all the money we get another 500m for free.

Messi983

Hmm.

Theory:

If they go for Alexander Arnold(rumour) next summer then this move makes way more sense.

Foyth is capable sub for Arnold but he can cover CB too, meaning depth there. He can add depth to CB and RB, without being starter.

This would make more sense if we wouldn't already signed Kounde who can do the same but is clearly a superior player. In our situation you don't sign a 40m player and then already plan to replace him with a 80m+ signing a year later (keep in mind I believe it's almost impossible we'll ever get TAA but then again I didn't expect us to sign Lewy, Raphinha and Kounde this summer either 3 months ago). I don't dislike Foyth as a player and would take him as a stop gap squad player for a season for 15m or so. No go for 30-40m though.

Also, If we'd go that versatility route would prefer someone who can play as a LCB/LB instead of another RB/RCB. Even have a certain name in mind who I've already mentioned a few times but we were never linked to him so don't expect it to happen. Not now at least but maybe in a year, who knows.

Ofc don't see any problems having two right footed CBs playing together in 4-3-3, we've done this succesfully with combinations of Puyol, Marquez, Pique and Masche but if we'd use 3-4-3 more regularly (which might be smart considering given FBs are a glaring weakness of this team) I think we could use a left footed CB. I know players can adapt to play on the left but rn I think our best option to play as a LCB in 3 atb system is Garcia who I don't see as a starter in a team that's supposed to challenge for titles. Araujo as the least technically gifted CB is set to always play on the right side, AC probably in the middle. Same for Pique but hopefully won't need to see him play much this season. Kounde could play on the left but would be kind of wasting his ball playing skills there.

Home of Barca Fans