Jürgen Klopp

KingLeo10

Yeah, not holding 12-13 and 17-18 too much against him.

The Sevilla loss and the RM debacle are big nos tho.

FC B

Oh mate, he was like our saviour back then. We were awful.

The moment he was appointed, I was absolutely buzzing.

From his first game, we saw what he was trying to build. Revolutionary manager.

There's not a single manager in the world who can organically make the entire fanbase fall in love like Klopp does.

Fuck the trophies. Will never forget our journey together. Liverpool legend forever. Wouldn't trade it for any hollow soul-less winning machine ever.

I'd get bored within a month and fall out of love with the sport if I had to follow and support Pep's City. Hate that style of play and what these clubs stand for.
I genuinely thought you were refering to Real Madrid before the last part of you post :lol:

malvolio

Definite top 10 in no order is prolly Pep, Sacchi, Michels, SAF, Paisley, Clough.

Maybe for top 10 are Cryuff, Carlo, Mourinho, Capello, Jupp, Trappatonni, Shankly.
Klopp ain't getting in a top 20 all time football managers.

There are some with better achievements and there are others with comparable achievements to Klopp, but they either revolutionized the game or defined certain aspects of the game as we know it now.

FC B

I don't care if he's a top 10 coach in the whole history of the sport but he is definitely, for many years, the best manager in the world up there with Pep.

malvolio

I don't care if he's a top 10 coach in the whole history of the sport but he is definitely, for many years, the best manager in the world up there with Pep.
Pep finished 3rd once and 2nd twice, in his whole managerial career. Not to mention how he made teams play and improved lots of players.

He's on another level to Klopp.

vegitot

Pep finished 3rd once and 2nd twice, in his whole managerial career. Not to mention how he made teams play and improved lots of players.

Not to mention when Pep didn't win the league, his rivals won it with many points. RM with 100 points in 2012, Chelsea with 93 points in 2017 and Liverpool with 99 points in 2020.

So you must win that much points to beat Pep in the league.

vegitot

It’s only ever fine margins at the top.

1-3 in CL finals just isn’t top 10 level. He also lost the Europa final to Sevilla so that’s 1-4 in European finals.

Some great achievements but too much runner-up to make top 10 who are managers who helmed dynasties or were insane overachievers like Brian Clough.

Definite top 10 in no order is prolly Pep, Sacchi, Michels, SAF, Paisley, Clough.

Maybe for top 10 are Cryuff, Carlo, Mourinho, Capello, Jupp, Trappatonni, Shankly.
Sacchi is a bit overrated to me. Yes, he had great impact to the game but his peak coaching career was short. Only from 1988-91 with Milan. After that he never reached world class level again. His time with Italy also was heavily criticized.

Klopp is the only one can keep up with Pep. That is enough to put him high in all time list.

shockey80

Give me a gun and I will shoot nearly every fish in a barrel.

I'm sure if Klopp goes to Bayern, he will winnthe league every year too. But he wont.

iniestaGOAT

Give me a gun and I will shoot nearly every fish in a barrel.

I'm sure if Klopp goes to Bayern, he will winnthe league every year too. But he wont.

Does KLOPP beat him managing CITY if PEP was managing LIVERPOOL?
I dont think so.

Klopp was born to finish second. Unfortunately. There will always be someone better.

Lets not forget this fool almost relegated LIVERPOOL and DORTMUND one time.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Pep is the league-GOAT but Klopp is the second best, also i would like to see Klopp coaching a A-level club from the beginning to see what this man can achieve!

FC B

As a league coach yeah, Pep is the indesputable best.

Both made their teams play with a specific style and improved lots of players and Pep had more money to spend on players, also managed more potent teams like Barca, Bayern and City vs. Mainz, BVB, LFC.

Overall they are in the same league for me.

Temptation

Pep has never coached a squad which isn't the best in the league by far and arguably the best in all of Europe too.

Till Pep proves himself at a club where he doesn't have the best squad around, there will always be questions.

No one is asking him to coach Crystal Palace lmao. But can Pep take a club like current United/Chelsea(both filthy rich clubs btw) and win stuff?

Pep was a failure at Bayern and his City have broken every rule in the book and done whatever they wanted. Still needed many years of humiliations and embarrassments by much poorer squads to finally win a CL. He got a player in demand Kalvin Philips and barely ever played him. This doesn't even happen in Real Madrid lmao.

Home of Barca Fans