Junior Firpo

Messi983

https://www.muchodeporte.com/real_betis/46484/las_cifras_del_traspaso_de_junior_al_fc_barcelona

Google translate:

FC Barcelona and Real Betis have closed this Saturday the transfer operation of Junior Firpo to the Barca club, with which the left-hander will sign for five seasons, with an annual record that can approximate 3 million euros net per season . The transfer will be made official by both clubs this Sunday and Real Betis will receive a minimum of 18 million euros for the sale of 80% of the player's pass and a maximum of 30 million if Barça ends up buying the remaining 20% ​​-valued in 7 million and to which it is forced depending on the games that it plays- and the variables that affect both the performance of the player and the Barça club are fulfilled, and that represent another 5 million euros.

Barcelona has agreed with Real Betis the payment of 18 million euros in three installments, the last one within 20 months, although both clubs will share financial expenses so that Betis can already have those 18 million euros, which goes to reinvest in accelerating negotiations to sign Borja Iglesias, for which Espanyol claims 28 million and would agree to charge in two installments.

FC Barcelona, ​​on the other hand, is obliged to buy sections of the remaining 20% ​​of the Junior pass depending on the games that are playing, so it will be paying those 7 million depending on the performance of the player. If Junior barely played and Barça was not forced to buy most of the pass and decided to transfer it, 20% of the amount of that transfer would be for Betis, who currently maintains that 20% in his possession. If he sold it for the same thing that it cost -18 million- Betis would enter 3.6.

In addition, there are another 5 million in variables by objectives: 2.5 million more will receive Betis if the player debuts as an international and another 2.5 are based on the collective achievements of FC Barcelona, ​​linked to the titles he wins (League, Cup) or to play a good role in the Champions League.

Junior, therefore, will leave in the coffers of Betis a minimum of 18 million euros -of which the Verdiblanco club will already have- and a maximum of 30 if Barça ends up buying the remaining 20% ​​of the pass and the individual variables are met and collective

xXKonan

Think the biggest reason we were probably able to get him cheap is they needed the money got get Borja to help solve their striker issues.

That and we have good relations with Betis. Be interesting to see who ends up being the better buy, Mendy or Firpo.

Messi983

Not yet, we'll see tomorrow.

I'm not worried though, we've learned our lesson and now all our new signings are getting higher clauses.

xXKonan

Couple of HL videos of his performances vs Real and Us.

Give him any space with a chance to 1v1 an RB and he's a pain to deal with. He's tall, has some good pace to him and excellent with the ball and has some good physical gifts to him as well. stuff like that when he makes use of it is a nightmare to deal with.

gregorrin10

According to whom???

Name ones that were better then, if there are so many. Maybe Robertson and that's it, but he had an hell of a lot easier job being in the league's best defense. As for others, Shaw and Mendy injured more than actually played, Kolasinac and/or Monreal nowhere near, same goes for Rose and Davies. As for the others out of the top 6 teams, there's really no doubt.

Arizona Scott

Name ones that were better then, if there are so many. Maybe Robertson and that's it, but he had an hell of a lot easier job being in the league's best defense. As for others, Shaw and Mendy injured more than actually played, Kolasinac and/or Monreal nowhere near, same goes for Rose and Davies. As for the others out of the top 6 teams, there's really no doubt.

I think your probably right (good case he is 2nd in the EPL) but I think Robertson is a whole another caliber better, in fact him and Alba I think were pretty clearly the best in the world last year but Alba's shockingly bad defensive performsance in leg 2 I'd say swings in to Robertson.

Konan, Mendy had like 2.5 the fee, so if Firpo is anywhere near the player got to like Barca's deal betyer.

Firpo is far better than Mendy and half the price. Griez - the best player bought this window. Frenk - the best young player bought this window. All at good, fair prices. Is it time we gave Barto some credit here whwn you think RM have wasted 380m and Utd are paying 90m for Maguire? I think so.

Raketa10

Firpo is far better than Mendy and half the price. Griez - the best player bought this window. Frenk - the best young player bought this window. All at good, fair prices. Is it time we gave Barto some credit here whwn you think RM have wasted 380m and Utd are paying 90m for Maguire? I think so.

Agree but he will now go for Neymar and will ruin everything.

Last edited:

Kuchi

Excuse my lack of knowledge, he is Alba's back up? Or a winger? If winger is the answer, where will he fit in?

clemente

Giving Barto credit? A list of fucked up things he done for this club is probably the size of 10 BBZ posts, 1 right / 10 wrong ratio doesn't deserve no credit.

FinBarcelonafan

True. It was great window for us.

Riordon

Haven’t watched him much but is he really better than Mendy who is very good btw? Find it weird Madrid didn’t go for him then, considering it’s almost half the price and Firpo is a player they know

Well if he would have fired Valverde after the Liverpool humilation Barto would have deserved credit. He made our team much stronger but didnt remove our main problem :lol:

Home of Barca Fans