Karim Adeyemi

Birdy

Malen has not developed massively at Dortmund, if anything he’s been a huge disappointment. The same could be said for Brandt who a few years ago looked better than he does now.

These two I grouped in the 'next phase of BVB production'. Still in the making...

fergus90

These two I grouped in the 'next phase of BVB production'. Still in the making...

Apologies for the misquote. But I can’t see Brandt progressing any further though, seems like a liability whenever I see Dortmund play. Zero fight and sloppy passes in midfield.

Malen of course needs more time before conclusions can be reached, but the start hasn’t been too promising.

JamDav1982

Sancho and Konate currently struggling after going through those 'intermediate' clubs before big move.

Plenty in past as well... Keita, Kagawa, Werner, Pulisic, Yarmolenko etc.

It is as much to do with the players level as anything else as it is about preparing at those other clubs.

While Pedri takes like a duck to water at Barca and a year later is named Golden Boy.

Birdy

Apologies for the misquote. But I can’t see Brandt progressing any further though, seems like a liability whenever I see Dortmund play. Zero fight and sloppy passes in midfield.

Malen of course needs more time before conclusions can be reached, but the start hasn’t been too promising.

That's possible as well.
Never said that 'all of them will make it'.
But climbing the ladder gradually is safer, and avoids cases of 'burning their card' with a direct jump to top club

mc_lovin

That's possible as well.
Never said that 'all of them will make it'.
But climbing the ladder gradually is safer, and avoids cases of 'burning their card' with a direct jump to top club

Circumstances matter. Not whether it's a top club or BVB/Leipzig.

Take Vinicius for example: Real basically developed him for two years with rather tame competition and it looks like they will reap their rewards. We are in the same situation upfront.

khaled_a_d

On the contrary, let's look at some who were transferred directly to a top club, without the 'intermediate step' somewhere like BVB:
Minamino ->benchwarmer at Liverpool
Rodrigo -> benchwarmer at RM
Yusuf Demir -> not even benchwarmer at Barca
and many others...

Vinicius is an exception, but that can happen when they are coming from Brazil in some cases.
When they are coming from Europe, not so much...
They need that 'intermediate' step of BVB, Leipzig or Arsenal, Atalanta, etc if you want, for their development

Dude, what is the discussion here?
Because we are basically moving between topics
You make few claims:
A-Wonderkids stopped going to big clubs directly because they are smarter:
Simple answer that this is factually incorrect. Only way you think this way is if you look only to clubs like Dortmund and ignore dozens of "wonderkid" that join big clubs on annual basis.

B-You don't even identify wonderkid. What is it exactly in the context of this discussion?
Is Minamino at the age of 25 a wonderkid? same way as Demir at the age of 18? Both coming from same league too
I would call bs on that.
Same with putting 22 years old Lewa joining BVB at same bracket as 17 years old Bellingham or Sancho joining BVB directly from youth systems, or put either of those at same bracket of Adeyemi, who is proven in CL football and doing great in his league.

C-Smart move is to join Dortmund before big clubs.
This is again a wide discussion, because wonderkid in your argument goes from 17 years old Bellingham to 25 years old Minamino.
The truth is, as BBZ always love to remind us, is the odds are usually against
And every case is different from the other.
Adeyemi for example made the right decision for himself to not join Barca B in 2019, and continue to wait in Salzburg.
But Salzburg in itself is an intermediary club, and going to BVB can't grantee anything for him other than a chance to show himself

D- That there is a ladder for players: But that ladder isn't always linear, some player move to big clubs then to smaller ones then to big clubs again, and usually it is helpful process, other actually move down as they age for whatever reasons while some players are ready to skip that ladder to the top
So what does a player like Adeyemi see himself is the question. How he accurately assess himself is the smart thing.

ajnotkeith

Dude, what is the discussion here?
Because we are basically moving between topics
You make few claims:
A-Wonderkids stopped going to big clubs directly because they are smarter:
Simple answer that this is factually incorrect. Only way you think this way is if you look only to clubs like Dortmund and ignore dozens of "wonderkid" that join big clubs on annual basis.

B-You don't even identify wonderkid. What is it exactly in the context of this discussion?
Is Minamino at the age of 25 a wonderkid? same way as Demir at the age of 18? Both coming from same league too
I would call bs on that.
Same with putting 22 years old Lewa joining BVB at same bracket as 17 years old Bellingham or Sancho joining BVB directly from youth systems, or put either of those at same bracket of Adeyemi, who is proven in CL football and doing great in his league.

C-Smart move is to join Dortmund before big clubs.
This is again a wide discussion, because wonderkid in your argument goes from 17 years old Bellingham to 25 years old Minamino.
The truth is, as BBZ always love to remind us, is the odds are usually against
And every case is different from the other.
Adeyemi for example made the right decision for himself to not join Barca B in 2019, and continue to wait in Salzburg.
But Salzburg in itself is an intermediary club, and going to BVB can't grantee anything for him other than a chance to show himself

D- That there is a ladder for players: But that ladder isn't always linear, some player move to big clubs then to smaller ones then to big clubs again, and usually it is helpful process, other actually move down as they age for whatever reasons while some players are ready to skip that ladder to the top
So what does a player like Adeyemi see himself is the question. How he accurately assess himself is the smart thing.

I saw Adeyemi's last CL game against Wolfsburg and it was really really bad. Not barcaforum bad where a bad touch is bad but really bad. Of course I don't watch all his domestic games and I can suffer bias in that regard so :

I read the Salzburg forums because the most useful thing you can do with any transfer target is see their fans opinion. They generally think he is very talented but emphasise that he is a prospect, fluctuates in form a lot and hasn't got anywhere yet. Some even thought that Demir was more talented and were calling for them to swap him with him last year.

His historic 'youngest German player brace' in the CL was a brace of penalties. You have to contextualise these things.

So it is important to understand you are not getting a world beater as many are making out, youre getting a young player with big potential, but not someone 'proven' that will come in and win you points and carry you to top4. We are betting on his potential. He would certainly start here but if he would be a star player and carry us is questionable.

Another thing that is missed is Adeyemi himself and the RBS coaches confirmed several times recently he is staying till the summer, so also keep that in mind.

Last edited:

ajnotkeith

For these reasons he will probably go Salzburg ---->Bvb-----> Bayern. Playing against Segunda B level farmers in Austria for your league and then having to do it week in week out in a big league is hard with pressure and BVB provides the easy attacking environment, in a quasi-top league, to showcase the player.

Other than Spanish sources, most of them say BVB are in pole to sign him for around 35m.

iniestaGOAT

Why would you wanna go the dortmund way?

This is the perfect time to join barcelona for a youngster with other bunch of youngsters, lots of playtime and grow together. Especially for a winger, we dont have any. Apart from injury prone ones

Zidane82

Is this Romero guy reliable ?

Talks between Barcelona and Adeyemi's entourage are developing nicely, to the point that an agreement is close.

? @gerardromero

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Adeyemi rumors heating up.

1606071334270.png

Home of Barca Fans