Kévin Gameiro

Truthist

Why not throw in Roberto whilst we are at it? I mean who wants thsee youngsters? Feck the long term planning.

navidjaan

The winger backups are set for next season already, but we need a backup for Suárez. Gameiro fits perfectly. Costs a bit too much, but if the money is there and it won't stand in way for a CB signing, why not? You guys would rather have Munir? He'd never be subbed on in a game where we need a goal because he hasn't shown enough and doesn't have the experience. A loan is ideal for him, because he's not going to develop properly behind that trio. No young player would. That's why Rafinha and Denis are great for backups on the wing, because both of their futures are in midfield, but due to their versatility, playing them once in a while on the wing is just a bonus for them. Munir has great talent, but can never bloom behind MSN and knock one of them off. Neither can any other talent, which is why there's no use of getting Dembele or whatever, because they'll end in the same situation as Munir: too little playing time, won't develop enough. That's why it makes sense to get an experienced backup for a position that would change the system, not for the better, if we put Messi or Neymar in there. Gameiro has already proven to be a super sub at Sevilla and a decent 1st choice this season, and he's very much a pure 9. And he scores penalties :p

J

Jamie Cal

28 goals now. More than Benzema in all competitions. 3 behind Griez.

xXKonan

Loan or sell with buyback?
The Original article from what I can make out of it is 20 Million + Transfer of another player (Loan?) I'm guessing any player would try and get in the deal like Alen would be sold with a buyback.

Last edited:
J

Jamie Cal

[tw]730334199807348736[/tw]

Decent deal if true, provided it's Hali going out on loan and we get Ben Arfa. Alen needs one more year out at least, Ben Arfa + Gameiro would provide cover for 2/3 years while he develops at a pretty affordable price.

That said, I'd have doubts over Sevilla being the right environment for Alen.

I'm not totally wild on either Ben Arfa or Gameiro, but we could definitely do a lot worse than both.

El Flaco

28 goals now. More than Benzema in all competitions.

Both players have scored 28 goals according to Transfermarkt.

But in all fairness...

1. 7 of Gameiro's 28 goals came from penalty spot whereas Benz isn't the 1st choice penalty taker for Real Madrid.

2. Benz is way more effective in front of the goal as he only played 2426 minutes this season and the min/goal ratio is 87. Gameiro has played 3362 minutes and his min/goal ratio is 160 (without penalty goals).

Last edited:
J

Jamie Cal

Both players have scored 28 goals according to Transfermarkt.

But in all fairness...

1. 7 of Gameiro's 28 goals came from penalty spot whereas Benz isn't the 1st choice penalty taker for Real Madrid.

2. Benz is way more effective in front of the goal as he only played 2426 minutes this season and the min/goal ratio is 87. Gameiro has played 3362 minutes and his min/goal ratio is 160 (without penalty goals).

Oh of course, I'm not saying he's better than Benz. Even aside from what you posted, Benz had wicked high numbers for decisive goals at the start of the season (feel like his form has dipped lately though).

That said, I don't think stripping away penalties is particularly valid, especially in a time we're so bad at them. Also worth noting Gameiro wasn't first choice at the start of the season, Llorente was, and Sevilla rotate more than anyone for the most part.

Also worth noting that Sevilla are a real cup team who specialize in finishing seasons strongly, and Gameiro has been the best case of that of late.

Messi983

It doesn't really make sense to compare Benzema with Gameiro. Of course individually Benz is better and could start for all top teams in the world except Barça (Suarez) and Bayern (Lewa). Gameiro is not good enough to be our starter but he would be a great backup for Suarez.

Why do we need Gameiro and Ben Arfa?!

We won't get both of them and I prefer Gameiro between them but I can undestand why we are also interested in Ben Arfa as a free agent. But being interested doesn't mean we'll actualy sign either of them.

Home of Barca Fans