Kévin Gameiro

Jombi

We won't pay 40M for him.

Our transfer madness means we cant rule that out. Perhaps it will be 32+8 and people will somehow try to rationalize the madness. He'll need a year to adapt as the old dog will have to learn new tricks. He'll turn 30 and then have one decent season before rapid aging and decline sets in, but we have given him a fat 5 year contract so we are stuck with him for the next 3 years as no one will pay his wages. We have seen this movie before.

iniesta_8

What I see is a player nowhere near Alexis or Pedro, and we want to buy him now as MSN rotation???

Too slow, misses chances...

Gameiro goal was a pure tap-in

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Last edited:
I'd rather get Ben Arfa for free, and I'm not THAT keen on him either. If you splash big bucks on a bench player, he has to be someone younger with potential to eventually break into the starting XI (plus sell on value in the event of a future sale). If you splash big bucks on an older player, he has to be a starter. If you want an older bench player, you need to look at cheaper options. 40m on a 29 year old bench player is asinine.

We need the reinforcement up front, but there are smarter ways of going about it. We have other needs too.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Regardless of whether I want us to sign him or not, he definitely deserved to be in the French Euro Squad after the season he has had.

J

Jamie Cal

"Goal was a pure tap-in" - guess it doesn't count then :pep: Not like he scored a vital goal in a european final :pep:

Messi983

Our transfer madness means we cant rule that out. Perhaps it will be 32+8 and people will somehow try to rationalize the madness. He'll need a year to adapt as the old dog will have to learn new tricks. He'll turn 30 and then have one decent season before rapid aging and decline sets in, but we have given him a fat 5 year contract so we are stuck with him for the next 3 years as no one will pay his wages. We have seen this movie before.

I think you've said similar thing in about half of your posts here.

What I see is a player nowhere near Alexis or Pedro, and we want to buy him now as MSN rotation???

Too slow, misses chances...

Gameiro goal was a pure tap-in

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Really? He's one of the fastest players in La Liga.

And every forward miss chances. Even Suarez has missed a ton of sitters (some of them much better chances that Gameiro missed yesterday) two or three months ago.

I understand that some of you don't want Gameiro. But then again, tell me who would you buy that would accept to be a clear backup to MSN and perform when needed?

I wouldn't go crazy and pay 40M for him (and we won't do that) but if we can get him for around 20M Gameiro is still the best available option out there for me. If anyone has better suggestions, please tell them.

Suarez has played more than 4.500 minutes this season and he will also play Copa in summer. We need to reduce that for more than 1.000 minutes next season if we want to keep him fresh and injury free. With a little tweak of formation Gameiro could also play up front together with Suarez with one of Messi/Ney behind them. Or if we need to score we can play all 4 of them together.

Lucho clearly doesn't trust Munir enough and only plays him when he has no other choice (injuries, suspensions). And his development would also be stalled if he stays here in his current role and that would be wasting his talent. I truly believe he can be our starting "9" in a few years but he's not ready yet. We need someone for that Suarez's backup role for the next 2-3 seasons until Munir (or some of the other youngsters from La Masia) is ready. Buying expensive 20 years old kid as MSN backup and then not getting him enough minutes to develop to his full potential doesn't make any sense neither short nor longterm. I don't understand how some people don't get the logic behind that. It's a special situation and somewhat of shortcoming of having the best attacking trio in the world (and probably in football history) and we need to accept that.

We can rejuvenate squad in general (defense, midfield) even if we buy experienced backup for MSN. It won't be the end of the world and we won't go Milan route if that happen.

Total-Football

similar style to Vardy .. hardworking striker with a great sense of positionning .. also generous with the pressing and defensive work .. my type of player to be honnest. only reason i dont want him in is he gonna destroy his best years by being benched

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Don't really get those comments. How exactly was it a bad decision? Seems more like he's trying to sell him to us fans.

I wouldn't go crazy and pay 40M for him (and we won't do that) but if we can get him for around 20M Gameiro is still the best available option out there for me. If anyone has better suggestions, please tell them.

I'm also fine with him if we can get him for ~20m, but that's a pretty big if.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans