Kylian Mbappé

KingLeo10

Maybe we can get that with Valverde-Messi-combination. The greatest barca player and greatest barca coach in history.

are you having a laugh, mate?

At the Valverde bit obviously.

He will be tremendously successful if he wins the treble, but you can't look past Cruyff or Pep for that title.

Newcomer

I think Real Madrid must be more annoyed than us

Well, they tried and Monaco wanted to make the deal with them.

But he went to PSG.

It is not like it was a missed opportunity.

It is like de Jong : PSG were in for him but the player finally chose Barca. No one can blame PSG as if they made a mistake. They played their hand and were rejected.

Donatello

Well, they tried and Monaco wanted to make the deal with them.

But he went to PSG.

It is not like it was a missed opportunity.

It is like de Jong : PSG were in for him but the player finally chose Barca. No one can blame PSG as if they made a mistake. They played their hand and were rejected.

Mbappe wanted ridiculous wages, which could've disrupted their salary structure, while PSG could afford that. Also Real had CR7 at that time to count on, so they weren't hell bent on Mbappe back then.

This is the most valid reason.

Newcomer

Mbappe wanted ridiculous wages, which could've disrupted their salary structure, while PSG could afford that. Also Real had CR7 at that time to count on, so they weren't hell bent on Mbappe back then.

This is the most valid reason.

Whatever the reasons, they played their hands and lost.

If it was a matter of wages, then it was their miscalculation since one year later they would offer more than their original offer both salary and transfer fee wise.

Any transfer is like that, X club will value Y player is worth such and such for transfer and wages. And at the end, players chose the offer that is the most beneficial for them.

Doesn't changé if you are Real, Barça, PSG, Inter Milan or APOEL Nicosie.

Last edited:

raskolnikov

So he will have two matches to catch up with Messi. Seems very unlikely to happen, especially since messi will probably score a few more in la liga.
Should have been a higher ban though for that disgracefull tackle.

soul24rage

only 3 matches? I thought he would have more. PSG will play Dijon (who are 18th) at home and Reims (8th) away. I wouldn't be surprised if Mbappe scores 4 goals against Dijon.

Good thing Messi has a 4 goals advantage and will very likely play the last 2 league games (Getafe at home and Eibar away) to extend his lead and still be in match rhythm for the Copa final.
-Scoring against Getafe will be tough as they will play their hardest to reach the 4th place, but since we are at home I think he can score at least 1 goal.
-Eibar who has nothing to play for other than giving its fan a great send off of the season will still be a difficult opponent at their home. I trust Messi to win the golden boot.

Newcomer

only 3 matches? I thought he would have more. PSG will play Dijon (who are 18th) at home and Reims (8th) away. I wouldn't be surprised if Mbappe scores 4 goals against Dijon.

Good thing Messi has a 4 goals advantage and will very likely play the last 2 league games (Getafe at home and Eibar away) to extend his lead and still be in match rhythm for the Copa final.
-Scoring against Getafe will be tough as they will play their hardest to reach the 4th place, but since we are at home I think he can score at least 1 goal.
-Eibar who has nothing to play for other than giving its fan a great send off of the season will still be a difficult opponent at their home. I trust Messi to win the golden boot.

You clearly have not seen PSG playing these days. There is more chance Dijon puts 4 past our defence than Mbappé manages to score 4.

soul24rage

You clearly have not seen PSG playing these days. There is more chance Dijon puts 4 past our defence than Mbappé manages to score 4.

You're probably right (the recent PSG game that I saw was vs Monaco so that may have swung my prediction), but I just wouldn't rule out a quality player like Mbappe scoring lots of goals at home.

Newcomer

The problem is not on the players quality.

The whole team seems exhausted both physically and mentally. So they are not putting in the basic effort to play and win the game.
Some insider journalist said that, following the recent outburst of injuries, Tuchel has decided to make light training. However, those light trainings have provoked some more injuries.

Mbappé still has the will to play and win, but the team is "dead" till the end of the season. And one man can't score 4 goals alone. And even then, as already pointed out, Mbappé needs to improve his shooting technique. He misses way too many goals in good situations.

George_Costanza

I don't think Qatar acquisition of PSG is to win the UCL. It's a big target for them of course (or for any big club) but Qatar wanted positive publicity in football, and market their tiny country to bid for the WC. No one heard of Qatar in Europe before owning PSG. Now that they won the bid for the WC, I don't think they will care about PSG in the long run, giving the way Nasser is running the club brought negativity to Qatar.

Home of Barca Fans