Kylian Mbappé

SmilerBam

That said, a discount version of CR is more than good enough to dominate opponents, so its fine by me.

Yeah, i think he ll tore the current La Liga, but keep in mind the competition is very low. You ll not win the CL soon anyway with that geriatric midfield.

Morten

Yeah, i think he ll tore the current La Liga, but keep in mind the competition is very low. You ll not win the CL soon anyway with that geriatric midfield.

You know, i've been thinking about what Birdy said the other day, if we get Mbappe, should we also pursue Haaland? It leaves little money for other positions.

We need a new RB, a new RW, and probably a new midfielder, though we do have options in midfield already, which makes Ancelotti's insistence on playing Kroos and Modric every game even dumber.

We also need a new striker fairly soon though, but don't know exactly when, Benzema is still great, but you never know when its over at that age.

BarcaOG

Banned
Maybe ... maybe not ..

Who expected Messi to come along when he did ??

virtually every coach at every level said 'this kid is the real deal' of messi

of course its entirely possible someone will emerge one day who is even better. just not very likely, given the absurd heights messi and CR reached, and certainly not any time soon. we got messi and cr some 20 years after maradona, and maradona some 15 years after pele

KingLeo10

Maybe ... maybe not ..

Who expected Messi to come along when he did ??

Capello asked Rijkaard about wanting to sign a 16/17 ? year old Messi at HT after seeing Messi running circles around that Juve team (and Juve was pretty good in 05/06).

The only major concern about Messi was that he was very injury prone when young (similar to a Robben). So, in that way, it's a surprise his injuries really lessened after 2007-08.

I think there are certain players you can just tell are generational talents from the get go. Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, R9, Romario, Messi etc.

CR7 is actually the anomaly among the all time greats in that he was't a generational talent from the get go (he was obviously still mega talented), but managed to build his game all the way into his prime to reach the absolute top tier.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Capello asked Rijkaard about wanting to sign a 16/17 ? year old Messi at HT after seeing Messi running circles around that Juve team (and Juve was pretty good in 05/06).

The only major concern about Messi was that he was very injury prone when young (similar to a Robben). So, in that way, it's a surprise his injuries really lessened after 2007-08.

I think there are certain players you can just tell are generational talents from the get go. Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, R9, Romario, Messi etc.

CR7 is actually the anomaly among the all time greats in that he was't a generational talent from the get go (he was obviously still mega talented), but managed to build his game all the way into his prime to reach the absolute top tier.

Neymar is a generational talent too.

NotInHere

Saw that he is the youngest player in history to have scored 32 goals in the Champions League, eclipsing Messi. Impreasive feat?

FinBarcelonafan

Saw that he is the youngest player in history to have scored 32 goals in the Champions League, eclipsing Messi. Impreasive feat?

I think BBZ is right about one thing(at least!), top teams are getting so much better than the rest, that in the future all these records will be crushed w ease. Not that they are better players, but the differences are just HUGE.

Look at City crushing in Portugal in first half 0-4.. How often that happened before? Probably not very often. The differences are growing with huge money differences.

That's why we need Super League too.

NotInHere

I think BBZ is right about one thing(at least!), top teams are getting so much better than the rest, that in the future all these records will be crushed w ease. Not that they are better players, but the differences are just HUGE.

Look at City crushing in Portugal in first half 0-4.. How often that happened before? Probably not very often. The differences are growing with huge money differences.

That's why we need Super League too.
i see before at least there were two teams or sometimes 3 un each league competeting imo

Home of Barca Fans