Kylian Mbappé

slicknick

He made a big step forward this season in my opinion.

His awareness, finishing, movement and heading etc surely improved...Too bad PSG just made (mostly) vanity transfers, rather than actually trying to build a strong team around him, and this will cost them come this summer, when he looks almost certain to leave (especially after last night)

Morten

He was quite excellent these two ties i must say, so dangerous, nobody could really deal with him 1v1, had to double up or foul him or else he would just skip past, his pace is ridiculous, with or without the ball.

I know it likely means moving Vinicius to the right, but damn, you just can't say no to quality like this when the opportunity comes, he is an absolute menace.

slicknick

More and more reliable sources are confirming this is pretty much a done deal, so I suppose this thread will be moved in a few weeks' time :(
It pains me to say this, but congrats, I suppose, [MENTION=18429]Morten[/MENTION] [MENTION=5226]El Gato[/MENTION] . I really wished back in 2017 that we would sign him, but Barto had another thing coming for us (which goes way beyond Kylian's transfer)
[tw]1504072038486585347[/tw]\

JamDav1982

Barca never had any chance to sign Mbappe no matter what agents in between will say.

He always wanted Real and knew going to Barca would make that impossible.

Horatio

You're welcome
Well, Figo did...But then, I suppose that was a fringe case, which none of us really want to remember

Players with some sense of integrity would never make a move like that. Neymar would go to Real though without hesitation if a chance arose.

(Luis Enrique is excused)

Temptation

Players with some sense of integrity would never make a move like that. Neymar would go to Real though without hesitation if a chance arose.

(Luis Enrique is excused)

It's not that big a deal. It happens in Italy and Germany all the time.

I mean peak Serie A was amazing and still stuff like this happened.

Players are employees not spouses. This is tribalism. Modern Football is all about money.

Footballers don't care. Iniesta was a Madrid fan. Modric was a Barca fan iirc.

El Gato

Villarato!
They obviously do care sometimes but this is nothing to do with integrity or the lack of. Players often don?t have a made up mind who they?re supporting and who they definitely won?t play for when don?t have a specific idol. Some have an idol (Mbappe and Haaland, CR; Hazard, Zidane) and might model themselves after them for a time. But that doesn?t mean they?ll block themselves from other options especially early when in formative years they might build a different perspective. Sometimes you support one, then they reject you early, then you move on. Raul was an Atleti youth product and ended up a RM symbol. Morata went back and forth (and paid for it as made a point to do it out of spite). Calhanoglu moved from Milan to Inter for free just because latter made him an offer that Milan wouldn?t.

Not a black and white world and can imagine Mbappe could easily end up in Barca towards end of his career if Madrid for example passed up on him at some point now and he ended up in Liverpool for free instead.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If Real Madrid passed up on him now I could also see Mbappe end up here in the future, or maybe even now, but won't happen obviously :lol:

Unless Florentino wakes up tomorrow with his brain fried.

jamrock

He should definitely make the football move, trying it the other way hasn't work for him so far at the highest level

Home of Barca Fans