Kylian Mbappé

Maradona37

Indeed. Griezman has been brains of this team, who dabbles as playmaker and CM at the same time, always being, where others need him, making all the right passes, being an outlet in space and finding spaces on his own by clever movement and good vision of the pitch. There's no one like him in this team. Without his presence, there's just bunch of runners and hustlers and one good scorer. Rabiot is also clever, but not as impactful overall. All the africans just run and brawl. They don't have any Yaya Toures or alike.
Other than terminology like 'all the Africans' I agree with you. They are more of an athletic team. Griezmann is clearly the brains and cerebral player while much of the rest of them are powerful athletes (though I find Kounde and Maignan intelligent players). I guess it does feed into stereotypes like black people are stronger and faster and more physical, but that is not a bad thing and there are plenty of intelligent black players too (Yamal for instance at his tender age). It's just that not many of them play for France.

Tp be fair, while I generally consider him very overrated, Pogba is black and added a lot of creativity to their game. They miss him a bit too.

Last edited:

Maradona37

In a few years from now, this presentation will be remembered as Kaka's presentation was the day he left
They seem to be hoovering up 'superstars' with no plan how to play them. They're veering back to the Galactico days.

Of course you can rest players, but Bellend, Mbappe, Guler, Endrick, Vini and fuck knows who else. How do you keep them all happy? How do you fit them into a balanced team?

Birdy

They seem to be hoovering up 'superstars' with no plan how to play them. They're veering back to the Galactico days.

Of course you can rest players, but Bellend, Mbappe, Guler, Endrick, Vini and fuck knows who else. How do you keep them all happy? How do you fit them into a balanced team?

Perez never steered away from Galactico vision.

The Vini, Rodrygo, Endrick, Guller, are exceptions that I am sure come from a person other than Perez in the hierarchy

Home of Barca Fans