Kylian Mbappé

Andresito

Staff member
You obviously care more than me as you're following what he's posted on his first day at Real. I don't even have Twitter, by the way.

I don't follow them either, just what I have seen when people have posted their stuff on forums. I am more aiming it at Ronaldo as when his fanboys talk about how 'hard' he's working, it's always with weights in the gym.

I didn't realise it was Mbappe's first day at the club. Hopefully he will start uploading ball work as being good with a football and in terms of positioning is a forward's bread and butter, not having useless big muscles like a bodybuilder.
Just wanted to see if he was back in training ahead of Supercup/Liga start since he has missed all their pre-season games.

Maradona37

Just wanted to see if he was back in training ahead of Supercup/Liga start since he has missed all their pre-season games.
Fair enough. It's not anything against you and obviously it's miles away from an argument.

Taking Mbappe out of the equation though, wouldn't you agree it's a bit odd that Ronaldo is always posting gym selfies rather than ball work? Like I say I would never follow him in a million years, but over the years when all his propaganda PR cheerleader journalists and fans talk him up for working hard it's always in the gym, never kicking a ball :lol: No wonder he became a poacher. He clearly neglected his ball skills (relatively speaking).

El Gato

Villarato!
Miles away from an argument yet trying desperately to have one
Simmer down boyo, hasn't even played a minute and already H O P I N G

Mbappe will most likely pad the league along with others. Provided stays healthy etc
Most teams do not give space in this league - just means he'll more comfortably end up netting 20+- 5 rather than 40-45 he got people used to
Doesnt make him any worse a player if becomes a poacher as years wind down
Still an excellent footballer even if a major diva
Amongst other divas worst that can happen is he'll get lazy and start blaming coaching staff
Would have to end up being something extreme for him to fall out with Vini personally

What'll separate wheat from chaff is whether he shows up in CL more or less often than did for PSG at times where has been a key performer
Here there are players who will save his ass from getting eliminated, but not from avoiding scrutiny from performing poorly
Hasnt been the case when had Neymar and Messi/Cavani around, was regularly best of the lot
So in theory should be OK

JamDav1982

The point is - dating back years - Ronaldo has rarely posted himself with the ball in training and always posts gym selfies. I think he's bought into his own hype about his body.

Mbappe could have posted ball work images but he hasn't, or you'd likely have posted them here already.

The overall point is that these two idiots seem far far more concerned with their bodies and their athleticism than how good they are with a ball at their feet. And it really shows with their vast technical inferiority to guys like Messi, Iniesta, Zidane.

Probably get more interactions for those 'hard work' pictures than if running with a ball.

Giving the fans what they want.

Catta

Even if he flopped, which he won't, Real would still sell him for a profit. Expect around 25-30 league goals from him this season.

Morten

Even if he flopped, which he won't, Real would still sell him for a profit. Expect around 25-30 league goals from him this season.

Considering he doesn't work off the ball, like at all, add another 10 goals in there, for this "project" to be worth it.

ajnotkeith

That's the thing with signing such an amazing player on a free, if he ever becomes unhappy or wants to leave, you are making a giant profit inevitably.

El Gato

Villarato!
Not necessarily - we know by now bunch of the money that would otherwise go to a different club and/or player's agent is getting pocketed by the player himself in sign-on bonus and in Mbappe case most likely family payment + drop in money from image rights

Broadly applied to regular transfers of people like Alaba or Rudiger where they have little negotiating room, yes, perhaps, but not with people like Mbappe

vegitot

True. He's obviously good technically but not amazingly special (ditto prime Ronaldo). But Mbappe has pace and can still dribble relatively well, and can finish excellently as you say.

I just find it odd that FOOTBALLERS behave like wannabe poor level bodybuilders with their selfies.
Well but no one is crazy enough to say Mbappe has Ronaldinho's technical ability.

JamDav1982

He will score for fun.. La Liga defences lack pace and he wont be stuck to CF either.

Not being on pens have bit of impact but will score freely.

El Gato

Villarato!
RM dont have a good pen taker
Think they'd gone about 5-6 pens without scoring one in autumn last year because not certain who's to take over after Benz gone
It settled on Rodrygo but reckon they could take him off it. Or just bench him meaning only Mbappe left to do it
Otherwise be Modric
Maybe Jude in time

Home of Barca Fans