La Liga 2021/22

Who will win La Liga?

• Total voters

ajnotkeith

Come on guys, it's old news. :lol: In Spain, the only way to win La Liga is to run away with it by building a big gap. When we are far away the best, they can't do anything.

Old news. But it's normal in a way. Madrid is Spain. Barca si so-so Spain and more Catalonia. Why do you think they don't host big Spain games on Camp Nou. Come on... it's inevitable that most of the refs will give a little bit more to Madrid. I see it as a given anyway, some obstacle we have to deal with and take into consideration when we plan our season.

It's not ever corruption, it's this bit extra you give for your own people so to speak. Might not even be conscious.

As much as we criticize Lahoz, he's one of the few refs who is at least proud enough to be above this shit, even if he's not a particularly good ref, he's not a puppet either.

Make a list of the leagues we won in an exploitative manner, by not being very good and building big gaps. Almost none I remember tbh. All our wins we were obviously better than the opposition. At least since I've followed the club in detail, Ronnie and Rijkaard era.

If they host a big Spain game on Camp Nou the anthem is probably booed massively. Can't expect a fair shake in these circumstances. You got to roll with it and adapt and try to be the best you can to overcome these things. Madrid is always gonna be the most revered and respected team in Spain, their flag club. We're always gonna be the pain in the ass that stops the league from being a Bundesliga or a Qatari Ligue 1.
Well, iirc, we have not had a single penalty whistled against us the entire LaLiga season. We are also joint 2nd for penalties whistled for.

So we can't really talk about penalties or refs and use it as an excuse bc tbh, refs have won us points in a few games this season.

If we had done the winter business in the summer and appointed a new manager then we would have seriously challenged this year.

serghei

Anyone that thinks Madrid is not the most favored team in Spain needs their head checked. It doesn't count for much when one side is clearly better than the rest, but in some situations, this factor is present and creeps in.

This shit happens in a neck and neck fight.

1485694034_033855_1485694120_noticia_normal.jpg

Last edited:

jamrock

Lol I love "woke" Barcelona fans, who try to deny the clear as day advantages madrid get with the refs since the existence of la Liga.

They always get the rub of the green always, it's not a matter of suitcases, but most are madrid fans,that combined with the big club advantage that all big clubs get. I'm any close call league, Madrid is gonna win 8/10 times.

serghei

Lol I love "woke" Barcelona fans, who try to deny the clear as day advantages madrid get with the refs since the existence of la Liga.

They always get the rub of the green always, it's not a matter of suitcases, but most are madrid fans,that combined with the big club advantage that all big clubs get. I'm any close call league, Madrid is gonna win 8/10 times.

Iturralde said it best. Do you think these guys become refs because they are not big fans of the game? And if they are big fans it's a matter of how professional can you be, and how much can you ignore your preference for one team over the other.

I have no doubt some refs are pros and unbiased, and some errors are just bad luck or good luck depending on who benefits from them. Also have no doubt some other refs are dubious in their professional conduct.

I would never want to be reffed by Manzano in a key match that decides a league title vs Madrid. Never, ever. If you put the guy on a lie detector and you ask him if he supports Madrid and he says no, those lines go off the charts.

serghei

I remember when we went years without recieving a penalty at the Camp Nou, set a new record or something along the way btw.

Yea, but that is not what I'm talking about. Can't remember a single incident where a stonewall pen was denied for Madrid, bar one exception maybe. And in that game, Pepe stomped on Fabregas' leg as well.

You can claim refs are robots and they are perfectly impartial, even if it's highly unlikely. Once you admit the obvious, they can't be totally impartial, you just arrive at the clear conclusion that the most popular, and revered team in Spain is Madrid.

So, if you admit refs can't be totally impartial, Madrid will get most decisions in emotional moments where refs fall victims of their natural biases. It is what it is. Refs are humans, and victims of their own prejudice.

Not saying it's a major factor. We're not losing this league because of refs, but a small part of it exists.

I can't hide my own prejudice at times. Neither can refs. It's somewhat easy. The impact of this is not big. Madrid will win this league not because of refs mostly, but they get a bit of an advantage in this area, that for us Barca fans it's annoying.

Last edited:

serghei

I vouch for most high-profile Spanish refs, not in terms of their skill, but of their fairness. Lahoz, Del Cero Grande, Hernades Hernandes, Martinez Munuera, Xavier Estrada Fern?ndez are all fair and professional.

Doesn't mean these guys don't make errors for one team or the other, but I firmly believe these errors don't hide any prejudice and are just normal aspects of the game. This is just my personal impression.

Joan

Serghei is trying to paint it better than it looks. They pay them and they treat them like this.

Simple.

Home of Barca Fans