La Liga 2021/22

Who will win La Liga?

• Total voters

El Gato

Villarato!
I was proven right after 180 mins...

This time I will only need 90

No you werent
Claimed we'd beat them 2-0 away from home and that on any normal Feb evening of 2022 RM beats PSG any day of the week
We know how that worked out
Can own up to it or double down and deflect while still being wrong.

Morten

Don't often look at xPoints, but i see we are outperforming by a whopping 10 points, conceding way less than expected too.

One could say we are being carried by Cortois in one end, Benzema in the other.

Birdy

No you werent
Claimed we'd beat them 2-0 away from home and that on any normal Feb evening of 2022 RM beats PSG any day of the week
We know how that worked out
Can own up to it or double down and deflect while still being wrong.

Right,
and then I said I was surprised Carlito shoot his foot with his tactics in Paris, which everyone agreed to (you included)

"on a normal Feb evening" means both teams playing as they played whole season, which DIDN't happen.
There is no doubling down on that.

El Gato

Villarato!
Right,
and then I said I was surprised Carlito shoot his foot with his tactics in Paris, which everyone agreed to (you included)

"on a normal Feb evening" means both teams playing as they played whole season, which DIDN't happen.
There is no doubling down on that.

But you are doubling down on clearly flawed reading of how Carlo chose to play in these games
Real went to Paris to play exactly as they did vs all other big teams (where contrary to that you were predicting they wouldnt do and would go out to smash inferior PSG in a crunch game in CL knockouts away from home vs an attack far superior to anything La Liga had at the time).
Not sure what you're trying to conjure up here.

Same way as people are by consequence of that legit concerned he'll play same thing vs Chelsea by starting CKM-VBA who are now all fit in order to try and 'control' the game, play for minimal damage at the back away from home and then correcting when plan of regaining any losses at home goes wrong.
He didn't shoot himself in foot as some aberration from the norm - it is how Carlo approached every important fixture - score and sit if possible

Now you're suggesting Chelsea game won't be close - go ahead, elaborate, so we can explore that one lol

Birdy

But you are doubling down on clearly flawed reading of how Carlo chose to play in these games
Real went to Paris to play exactly as they did vs all other big teams (where contrary to that you were predicting they wouldnt do and would go out to smash inferior PSG in a crunch game in CL knockouts away from home vs an attack far superior to anything La Liga had at the time).
Not sure what you're trying to conjure up here.

Same way as people are by consequence of that legit concerned he'll play same thing vs Chelsea by starting CKM-VBA who are now all fit in order to try and 'control' the game, play for minimal damage at the back away from home and then correcting when plan of regaining any losses at home goes wrong.
He didn't shoot himself in foot as some aberration from the norm - it is how Carlo approached every important fixture - score and sit if possible

Now you're suggesting Chelsea game won't be close - go ahead, elaborate, so we can explore that one lol

And I admitted *As I am sure you remember* that I didn't know Carlo has that weird fixation of approaching all "big games" like that.
I didn't read that well, I am fine with that.

Then, whatever he plays tomorrow, either the cagey 'sit back' big game approach, or if his mind is turned and goes all out to press high,
in both cases, RM loses clearly, and there is a chance for a high score as well..
Reason is that:
1) First scenario, Chelsea is 100 times better than current PSG in unlocking defenses (even though if that's not their best enterprise), and suffocating the opponent with efficient counter-pressing.
This is a setting where RM is pinned in the box for 90 min, and prays their chances don't go in

2) Second scenario, RM doesn't have the 'tools' to play this game with oldies Modric Kroos in md, and others like Asensio Carvahal.
This means there will be holes in your pressing, and Chelsea will run riot after breaking the first line of press.
Setting similar to last year semis, where they will get plenty of clear chances on semi-counters after breaking your press

Pick either one, this doesn't seem to be close at all

FC B

Madrid bouncing back nicely with five penalties.

GL in CL. You will be destroyed with fair ref.

What fair ref? Have you already forgot Makkelie not calling a stonewall penalty when Benzema fouled Donnarumma which led to a goal and the start of their comeback?

Home of Barca Fans