Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sevilla

• Other

• Total voters

El Gato

Villarato!
The usual whining of favoritism. Rich stuff considering had to be robbed off a pen before a late goal for 1-2 last night and rescued by Benzema + Alaba worldie in the first fixture
Only Balaidos was historically easier. We'd lost at Cornella this time last year

malvolio

The usual whining of favoritism. Rich stuff considering had to be robbed off a pen before a late goal for 1-2 last night and rescued by Benzema + Alaba worldie in the first fixture

Maybe robbed last night, haven?t seen all game. But the fixtures thing is in your favor.

El Gato

Villarato!
Nah same chatter every year and same BS
Every autumn easier run of fixtures in around September with 1-2 top8 opponents thrown in and points losses happen on the regular normally against the 'minnows' i.e. Levante and Espanyol last year
This time also very close with Espanyol playing well till late game when penalty on Vinicius got denied and a cross to Benzema went in around 88 min
That + needing Alaba freekick against a newly promoted team shows fixtures weren't easy, let alone by design

We're known for upping game vs big teams and losing leagues on complacency so scheduling lower league teams early even makes the start harder

Last year had same calibre teams and three away games scheduled to start and came out with 10 of 12 beating Betis at Villamarin
Now going on to play Betis next week in similar schedule too

Last edited:

Birdy

I think RM-Betis has ended 0-0 for 4 or 5 consecutive seasons??

Time for a change now: RM- Betis 0-1:dembele:

malvolio

Nah same chatter every year and same BS
Every autumn easier run of fixtures in around September with 1-2 top8 opponents thrown in and points losses happen on the regular normally against the 'minnows' i.e. Levante and Espanyol last year
This time also very close with Espanyol playing well till late game when penalty on Vinicius got denied and a cross to Benzema went in around 88 min
That + needing Alaba freekick against a newly promoted team shows fixtures weren't easy, let alone by design

We're known for upping game vs big teams and losing leagues on complacency so scheduling lower league teams early even makes the start harder

Last year had same calibre teams and three away games scheduled to start and came out with 10 of 12 beating Betis at Villamarin
Now going on to play Betis next week in similar schedule too

Still better to have those three easy away fixtures out the way, even if tricky(by this logic every game is tricky, because some lazy players deem it not worth it). Than having 1 easy(tricky) away, 1 harder in the Alfredo Di St?fano ground, 1 easy away etc.

Real not upping their game when playing cannon fodder is their problem. A poor team is still a poor team. Playing matches in a packed Bernabeu is still better than playing in the training ground.

We moaning about playing easy fixtures now?

El Gato

Villarato!
Not really

Merely stating the obvious - they weren't easy, considering history, considering how Real find those type a fixture and considering how they actually went

Whole argument is pointless, leaving aside the made up favoritism claims attached to it

Espanyol not as poor team as made out and took points off all top4 last season bar Atletico
Almeria even just beat Sevilla

Quite amusing

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
Real did not get lucky as they did not get unlucky. Just very normal draw of teams, can't complain about it. Only teams I'd see Real lose against right now are Barcelona or Bilbao. Atletico and Celta would be expected to end in draws and Sevilla is shite. So out of the four teams they should have tried to avoid they actually ended up facing 1(Celta)so far. Very along the lines of probable expectations. If 1 out of the other 2 draws would have been another team out of the four I mentioned Real could have already been considered unlucky. So early into season anything can happen actually against most teams.

La Liga might be rigged and mano negro might be very real, but this ain't an example of that being the case.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

Forum would have to be shut down if somehow EV manages to win this league with Bilbao. No chance, but just imagine the EV bois then :mou:

serghei

From, EV is holding out for the City and Liverpool jobs, to Bilbao playing beautiful football again :lol:.

Jokes aside, I think I got EV personality figured out, and Bilbao is perfect for him. A nice guy, a bit subdued but quality person, who tries to have a good time managing and doesn't want to argue all the time with board, players, fans, whatnot.

I bet he likes fishing or hiking.

Last edited:

Messi983

R.a13d25974783fdfe94c4efa40d9b038a

serghei

Hate? Not at all, I kind of feel a bit bad about myself for hating on the guy. We needed a revolutionary, great manager to make that team CL winners. Hating on someone for not being revolutionary is way too harsh.

Still think he should have realized the importance of that Liverpool tie and tried to make his mark. He lacked a bit of self awareness to just go there and get that result on Anfield. Everything was set for him, but he wasted it.

Last edited:

serghei

Think about it, two weeks turned this guy from a legend into a bottler. The moral of the story is that everyone is a slave to his own personality and character. You can change and improve, but not in dramatic ways.

Soft-spoken laid-back managers don't do well in high pressure moments, because the whole purpose of their life is to analyze, prepare, and do things so they don't end up making those critical decisions.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans