• Atletico de Madrid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sevilla

• Other

• Total voters

JamDav1982

We'll never know, it's one of those what ifs.

Will never know if Barca would have won treble that season had EV stayed on.

Can be never ending with what ifs.

Can be certain those old players were seen as untouchable and anyone coming in would have felt that if tried to change it. No doubt about it.

serghei

Will never know if Barca would have won treble that season had EV stayed on.

Can be never ending with what ifs.

Can be certain those old players were seen as untouchable and anyone coming in would have felt that if tried to change it. No doubt about it.

Sure, I agree with that, the only question if is a higher level manager would have made those players not lose 0-3 to Rome and 0-4 to Liverpool. Hard to say. Inclined to think yes.

But then, it's unlikely a top manager would have been picked to handle those pampered players. A softer guy always made more sense to not rub the vets the wrong way.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Just remember Ancelotti Madrid from 3-1, to 3-4 vs Chelsea, basically out of it with 10 mins left or so in the tie. You really see Barca players fighting back and turning that? Imagine Alba and Busi, and Stegen at 0-3 at home vs Chelsea. :lol: 0-4 comes soon. No way they score 2 and concede 0 from that point to push through.

Real started to have that mentality since Zidane came to them so i would give the credit to him instead of Carlo.

JamDav1982

Sure, I agree with that, the only question if is a higher level manager would have made those players not lose 0-3 to Rome and 0-4 to Liverpool. Hard to say. Inclined to think yes.

But then, it's unlikely a top manager would have been picked to handle those pampered players. A softer guy always made more sense to not rub the vets the wrong way.

Haha EV didnt 'make them lose'.. did he 'make them win 3-0' v Liverpool as well?

Pep 'make' City and Bayern lose all these times in CL has he? With much better squads

Did EV make them win regularly v CL winners Real?

They didnt pick a 'soft coach' but EV was intelligent enough to realise that it was only way to coach them at the time and have any chance.

Established top coaches with options wont touch Barca job then or now.

Morten

Valencia - Atletico should be fun, if not for the goals then for the fouling and shithousery.

Valencia committed most fouls last season, and Atletico are Atletico.

Temptation

Real started to have that mentality since Zidane came to them so i would give the credit to him instead of Carlo.

Absolute rubbish.

Mourinho and subsequently Ancelotti established this generation's "Real Madrid Mentality". Before Mourinho they were round of 16 merchants for a while.

Zidane was the "right place at the right time" guy. There's a reason why he's afraid of taking other big jobs and is waiting for a national team gig. He knows his limitations.

Home of Barca Fans