• Atletico de Madrid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sevilla

• Other

• Total voters

serghei

The return of Kante is huge for Chelsea. He was everywhere vs Liverpool and was rested today specifically for the game on Wednesday.

Without him, they’ve very slim hopes.

Let's hope so. Don't want Madrid to salvage a bad season by smashing these fools in Europe again. Time for someone to man up and take them out.

Let's hope it's City. Nobody cares if they win 1 CL. As opposed to Bayern getting their 6.5 CL title.

ajnotkeith

Let's hope so. Don't want Madrid to salvage a bad season by smashing these fools in Europe again. Time for someone to man up and take them out.

They won't win the CL. They are not soon to be 15 points behind this Barca for no reason.

They can't keep defying logic forever and I think they lose either this or next round with Ancelotti to be sacked soon after.

serghei

They won't win the CL. They are not soon to be 15 points behind this Barca for no reason.

They can't keep defying logic forever and I think they lose either this or next round with Ancelotti to be sacked soon after.

They aren't defying logic at all. They are just punishing teams that fear them too much.

Morten

I would be surprised if we lost to this Chelsea side tbh, but anything can happen in the semi-finals.

jamrock

Madrid are the literal kings of K.O games, they manage to get up got it in away they just can't with in the league, they aren't built for the hard slog of it.

If we had out full team, no way we lost mid week.

ajnotkeith

They aren't defying logic at all. They are just punishing teams that fear them too much.

Fear is not why they won that CL last year. It was two players : Benzema converting every single tiny chance that came his way and Courtois saving almost every shot.

That CL is not repeatable... Those two were playing at all time legendary levels and probably won't happen again.

serghei

Fear is not why they won that CL last year. It was two players : Benzema converting every single tiny chance that came his way and Courtois saving almost every shot.

That CL is not repeatable... Those two were playing at all time legendary levels and probably won't happen again.

They smashed Liverpool to pieces though, and if Chelsea do not find a way to fix their defense, they are gonna receive quite a few goals as well.

Birdy

Absolutely true..

They are still to face a good team in Europe this season

jamrock

Teams definitely fear Madrid in the CL, they just kinda think they're unbeatable, even when you're 2-0 with 5 minutes left the entire team is panicking inside.

fergus90

Madrid often defy form in Europe though because in these latter KO’s it pretty much is a case of whoever shows up on the day. Especially when teams like Real, City etc are quite closely matched.

City last season at the Etihad should have scored about 8 though, so only really had themselves to blame for keeping Real in the tie.

jamrock

People say the same thing about Madrid every year they win it, they aren't that good, haven't played a good team so far.

Yet in may, who is damn near always champions?, I've learnt my lesson never counting them out until they are actually out.

fergus90

City are a weird one this season too, you either get a game where Haaland looks like he could score 6, or a game where they cannot reach him at all and he has about 6 touches :lol:

I’ve thought they would win it every year since 2018, but maybe this year when they aren’t as free flowing, is the year they actually get over the line. Football can be funny like that.

Birdy

People say the same thing about Madrid every year they win it, they aren't that good, haven't played a good team so far.

Yet in may, who is damn near always champions?, I've learnt my lesson never counting them out until they are actually out.

This season it's true. They have only played a crippling and badly out of shape Liverpool.

Last season they faced 3 great teams, and shouldn't have won any of these ties.

Both can be true.

We don't rule them out, just saying that they have to defy logic again to win it

serghei

City are a weird one this season, you either a game where Haaland looks like he could score 6, or a game where they cannot reach him at all and he has about 6 touches :lol:

They kind of look closer to Madrid, so I hope this is a sign that they are becoming a bit more unpredictable in a good way.

Home of Barca Fans