La Liga 23/24

Who wins La Liga?

• Total voters

jamrock

90+ points is manageable if you don't fuck up vs small teams. The problem of Barca this season is that the team gave away many points to low level teams. Unlike last season.

But sure, it's possible to make 95 points and lose the title to a Madrid that makes 97-98 like Klopp's Liverpool did vs Pep's City in 2019 and 2022.
It's definitely possible, as u said we only play them twice

We just have to build a complete squad and don't stop stupid points.

But with vini jr and Mbappe, they have two get of our jail free cards and bellingham is mini get out of jail free card.

It's will be typical Madrid on steroids, when they don't play well, someone will step up and get a goal.

Or the refs will give them one..

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We've had like multiple SDs and not one of them prioritize finding a natural, quick LW.

We haven't had one since 2017 lol.

serghei

That wasn't last season. Last season they lost league easily and got smoked by City.

Yes, last season Barca were unbelievably consistent in the league and on course for 95 points season or something. And Madrid had a bad season in the league.

In CL they still made CL semis and lost to the best side around, after trashing the rest of EPL teams they faced.

ajnotkeith

Okay mate, mind telling me how you'll accomodate Mbappe and Vinicius in the same team and get the best out of them with no ego clashes or tactical issues?
If any club can do it, its unfortunately Madrid.
Madrid is bigger than any player and that is why they have been this successful. They dont tolerate that nonsense like was happening at PSG with Mbappe.

DonAK

Mbappe will play LW, Vinicius will play RW and be happy about it or get moved on with them probably signing a top class RW.

That's how they'll make it work.

Temptation

We've had like multiple SDs and not one of them prioritize finding a natural, quick LW.

Maybe because Ansu was coming through? Everyone assumed he'd be your long term LW and gave him Messi's jersey number.

Tell me: would you buy a player of Yamal's profile now that you see his potential?

ajnotkeith

Yes, last season Barca were unbelievably consistent in the league and on course for 95 points season or something. And Madrid had a bad season in the league.

In CL they still made CL semis and lost to the best side around, after trashing the rest of EPL teams they faced.
Trashing Liverpool and Chelsea at that point wasnt that big of a deal.

mc_lovin

To be fair there were hardly outstanding solutions on the market. A guy like Martinelli, who I don't really rate, would have been a massive improvement though. Same for DM.

serghei

It's definitely possible, as u said we only play them twice

We just have to build a complete squad and don't stop stupid points.

But with vini jr and Mbappe, they have two get of our jail free cards and bellingham is mini get out of jail free card.

It's will be typical Madrid on steroids, when they don't play well, someone will step up and get a goal.

Or the refs will give them one..

Seasons are unpredictable. Madrid hasn't defended a league title in over 15 years. Complacency could hurt them a lot. Some problems in the locker room, with all these egos could happen.

jamrock

Will always be players that pop up and show out.

That's not the problem. It's being able to compete to sign them which we aren't right now. Every year Laporta keep saying we'll be out of the salary cap mess by next year, and then the next year comes around and we're still deep in the hole.

Elite players or elite talents on the cusp of reaching that level will have offers from multiple top teams in Europe and won't come to us looking at the dysfunctional mess there is at Barca.

He literally said that one summer, which was last summer.

Summer before were the levers.

This summer we need one good sale and we'll be able to sign more freely.

So I'm not sure how it's summer after summer.

But it has been disheartening seeing a few players slip through out fingers due to our current situation, especially that Argentine kid.

If we sell well this summer, it's a matter of getting the right players to fill out the squad, which at its core isn't bad.

NKMaribor

Okay mate, mind telling me how you'll accomodate Mbappe and Vinicius in the same team and get the best out of them with no ego clashes or tactical issues?

Why would a different profile of a player which Madrid desperately needs and Ballon d Or level, cause tactical issues?

As for ego. Madrid handled CR7. I see no reason why Mbappe would be any different. Dude knows his path to eternal fame needs club level, and there is nothing bigger and better than Madrid.

ajnotkeith

Seasons are unpredictable. Madrid hasn't defended a league title in over 15 years. Complacency could hurt them a lot. Some problems in the locker room, with all these egos could happen.
If Xavi is managing, beating them becomes an insurmountable task... if not, then "seasons are unpredictable" even if they add Bellingham and Mbappe since last season.

It is too obvious you are preparing arguments to trash the next coach and strengthen the pro-Xavi argument. For that, I say, let's just see how Xavi does in the rest of his career... if he is the manager you claim, he will be able to spend hundreds of millions at a rich club and win many trophies.

DonAK

To be fair there were hardly outstanding solutions on the market. A guy like Martinelli, who I don't really rate, would have been a massive improvement though. Same for DM.

Hopefully we're able to sign a DM this summer at least, but I'm skeptical. Need to be someone who's top class though and can fill in the position immediately.

Someone like Zubimendi would actually be fantastic for us.

Home of Barca Fans