La Liga Round 1: Valencia - Barca 1-2

Predicted outcome

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JamDav1982

Valencia not in great shakes themselves.

Ended season in shite form and barely won a game in pre season.

Annual game of them trying to punt any player with value surely not great for their team either.

Loki

Now that preseason is over, every game counts. Flick has 4 days to find his starting lineup against Valencia.

- There are still 5 players injured, 4 of them are in the starting lineup.
- Fermin is on holidays
- Many players joined only recently without any rhythm with Flick ball. Olmo and Lamine probably don't even have 60 mins against Valencia in their legs.
- Mestalla is always a difficult ground, even with all players available

Brutal conditions for Flick to start the league with a win in Valencia. I wouldn't be surprised if we start with 1p or 0p.

Based on that and the performance in the pre-season, my lineup would be:

-------------MAtS----------------
Kounde - Inigo - Cubarsi - Balde
------- Bernal-Christensen
P.Victor---Gündogan---Rapha
--------------Lewy----------------

Lamine/Ferran/Garcia last 30 minutes.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Saturday night match. 👎
Guess I'll have to watch it later.

Pretty sure we'll look better than against Monaco and team will look to prove a point.

JamDav1982

Would imagine he goes Christensen and Gundo at DM and then Inigo with one other at CB.. Cubarsi or Garcia as both match fit.

Possibly even Fort RB if thinks Kounde needed at CB.

Get Fermin back and say to him he will get a 'pre season' break later in season when others returned from injury.

Start Fermin AM.. Raphinha LW and play Torres first half maybe at RW then off for Yamal if Yamal starting is too much... or can swap Raphinha/Torres wings if that is more suited.

Then Lewa.. will start up top obviously.

Feels like a game they need as much experience on the park as they can and may have to grind it out a bit.

Edit: Forgot Inigo may not even be registered so they may have to go for the Spain Olympic CB pairing of Cubarsi and Garcia.

Last edited:
First liga games of the last 5 years:

23/24 vs Getafe (A) 0:0 D
22/23 vs Rayo (H) 0:0 D
21/22 vs Sociedad (H) 4:2 W
20/21 vs Elche (H) 3:0 W
19/20 vs Bilbao (A) 1:0 L

Smell a 0:0 coming.

Porque

Rumour is Mamashwarma will be sold to Liverpool before this game.

But as always, Valencia will try and make up the quality gap with intensity.

jamrock

Valencia - once you go austerity you never go back.

Unless you have a billionaire owner. Who actually wants to spend, wonder how things will look for them after they finally finish their new stadium.

My guess is not much different, because they still won't be able to sell their current stadium for anything close to what they need.

JamDav1982

Valencias issues are that they are run by a billionaire who does not want to put money in or cares particularly about the future of club.

If anything their issues like many in Spain comes from at different times in history spending beyond their means.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Would be nice to see Fermin-Olmo-Lamine and Pau in front of them at some point in the game.

Fermin playing is wishful thinking I guess since he is still celebrating his Olympic gold.

Home of Barca Fans