La Liga Round 1: Valencia - Barca 1-2

Predicted outcome

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JamDav1982

Would be nice to see Fermin-Olmo-Lamine and Pau in front of them at some point in the game.

Fermin playing is wishful thinking I guess since he is still celebrating his Olympic gold.

Would guess Fermin will be back and probably start but could be wrong.

They need him to get Gundogan into DM area most likely.

He is still match fit also so surely is back.

BJJ

I think we'll get a narrow win. I checked and Valencia were shite in pre season.
I think we'll win 2 1 with a goal in the last 10 minutes.

Last edited:

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
I hope Flick's experiment with 4-3-3 opened his eyes to our team's capabilities or lack there off.
Think we go

Kounde -- Inigo -- Garcia -- Balde
------- Casado----Christ---------
Yamal. ----Olmo-----Raphinha
------------Lewa-------------

I wouldn't mind seeing Lewa dropped, Bernal instead of Christensen.
Yamal is definitely starting. Gundo had a bad game, and Olmo is the star singing. Maybe Gundo instead of Olmo.

TheStig

Olmo is not registered and it doesn't look like he will be, the same with Inigo but he's probably easier to register.

I think we will be behind Madrid from the start.

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
Olmo is not registered and it doesn't look like he will be, the same with Inigo but he's probably easier to register.

Ahh yes, I forgot. If Olmo does get registered I believe he will start or else it is Gundo then sadly.
But I think he will be registered before the game. Can't see Fatporta being ok with our Star signing not playing the first match of the season just because of money issues. He has an election to win, opponents are getting a lot of legitimate ammo against him.

Loki

Even if they register Olmo, how much of a help can he be with a handfull of training days under Flick? The team needs to play this match mainly with the US squad anyways. I expect Olmo starting to help at the end of August.

Porque

Even if they register Olmo, how much of a help can he be with a handfull of training days under Flick? The team needs to play this match mainly with the US squad anyways. I expect Olmo starting to help at the end of August.

Remember Coutinho played his best at Barca and Villa when he wasn't accustomed to the team.

Anyways, I'm counting Olmo out for this one. Along with Inigo and the others not registered.

Rumours are Torre starts, which is OK if we are in the 4231. But I'd opt for Fermin as he is match fit, on form and confidence sky high. Why waste that?

------Stegen--------
Kounde-Christ-Cubarsi-Balde
--------Casado-Bernal------
Lamine-Fermin-Raphinha
-------------Lewy----------

Seems most logical. Cubarsi in because also match fit and he has the unique ability of naturally being able to bypass the pivots and get the ball to the attacking quarter. Which will help the inexperience and Valencia press on the pivots.

Andresito

Staff member
Why would Gundo be benched?

I think Christensen and Inigo are a lock in at CB for this one.

In midfield I don't think more than one of Casado, Bernal and Torre will start.

JamDav1982

Unless it changes.. dont think Inigo is registered going by list of players being said to be available.

Could be wrong but would guess Torre most likely to start of any of the midfielders and he may not for Fermin.

Home of Barca Fans