Let's talk about Xavi's replacement (2024)

Xavi replacement v3

• Total voters

El Barcelona

I feel we need to sell Frenkie to make room for an absolute top striker who can lead the attack. Frenkie and Lewandowski wages of the book makes enough room for it. And sack the whole medical staff ffs. Laporta can't gamble anymore and need to appoint the right coach if he want to make a chance on re-election.

JamDav1982

The issue is who would that top striker be?

I think the club will try for Morata for free and take the savings on Lewa for now.

Although that may change now Xavi gone.

The FDJ salary is not a huge save. His salary is around 14m a season and less than likes of Gundo.

He would generate a big fee and lose some of the amortised cost though.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I think the club will try for Morata for free and take the savings on Lewa for now.

The FDJ salary is not a huge save. His salary is around 14m a season and less than likes of Gundo.

Isnt Lukakau also free? :pique:

FC B

There are two scenarios form now onward

1. He survives 5 months until 30th of june
2. He won't make it until then

My bet is he won't and can't see any serious realistic candidate to take over the team during the season. If the team will completely implode Laporta would panick and name Marquez as interim. Laporta is too weak and scared to make such a move now. By comparison, Florentino would've ousted Xavi long ago.

Last edited:

El Barcelona

Good question. It needs to be a beast, direct impact and guarantee for goals, that makes it really difficult. I know, I would get shit for this but if I was laporta and want to save my ass I would do everything in my power to get mbappe. If he's really that good, well come show it. Lol. Other than that, I don't know. Needs to be someone that is fast, can play on the wing, dribble and score goals. +Someone who is hungry to win some meaningful shit.

The new puma deal, selling frenkie + Lewandowski could do the job. I would sell kounde to just to make a statement. Players need to wake up, asap.

JamDav1982

The New Puma deal wont be for years most likely.

Selling FDJ and Lewa wouldnt come close to covering what it would take to sign Mbappe even if he was open to move which is almost impossible.

By all means sell any of them if can improve team but sell FDJ and what is the midfield? Maybe you could get Zubimendi for example and Alex Garcia for 20m and improve the structure but then have to spend on midfield and not a striker.

Lewa has to go and dont think they will spend big yet again on a CF when other areas of team are so badly neglected.

Messi983

He would generate a big fee and lose some of the amortised cost though.

Didn't Morata renew with Atleti?

El Barcelona

The New Puma deal wont be for years most likely.

Selling FDJ and Lewa wouldnt come close to covering what it would take to sign Mbappe even if he was open to move which is almost impossible.

By all means sell any of them if can improve team but sell FDJ and what is the midfield? Maybe you could get Zubimendi for example and Alex Garcia for 20m and improve the structure but then have to spend on midfield and not a striker.

Lewa has to go and dont think they will spend big yet again on a CF when other areas of team are so badly neglected.
Agree it would be very difficult and can only work if he wants to make something of his career and not chose for the money/ the obvious team like real.

The thing is that we need room in the wage structure so we have no choice other than selling frenkie sadly enough..

JamDav1982

Agree it would be very difficult and can only work if he wants to make something of his career and not chose for the money/ the obvious team like real.

The thing is that we need room in the wage structure so we have no choice other than selling frenkie sadly enough..
Frenkie is not on nearly the money as is made out while there are plenty others that can go also.

What would midfield be if selling Frenkie to buy a CF?

El Barcelona

Frenkie is not on nearly the money as is made out while there are plenty others that can go also.

What would midfield be if selling Frenkie to buy a CF?
Screenshot_2024-01-29-13-20-01-55_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
Yeah if those numbers are wrong than it's another story 🤣

Good question how the midfield would look and considering all the injuries we have for years we definitely need an replacement. Ideally someone in his prime and who hasn't won everything so that he has hunger to win something. But yeah that's only if Frankie is on those wages showed in the pic.

JamDav1982

Fake figures... his salary was leaked by Barca and comes out to around 14/15m a season salary across the length of contract.

He was on more in past couple seasons as only took a few million in first few years to help Barca balance books.

Even if add in all the sign on bonuses and appearances bonuses.. that almost all players have but never gets mentioned it is nowhere near 37m a season.

The issue Barca have had is that his amortised cost along with this season for example is high and close to 40m odd but that not his salary and ignores the years he took less and fact would expect that to be paid if left anyway.

Home of Barca Fans