Let's talk about Xavi's replacement (2024)

Xavi replacement v3

• Total voters

JamDav1982

Xavi should head off and look for a no2 job under a coach.

Learn his trade. Leave his family and friends in his team behind and forge new relationships for a more experienced team next time steps up as a coach.

If he leaves in amicable way and proves himself may get another shot some day.

FC B

Yeah I wasn't really sure about hiring an interim because I suspected Laporta would make some stupid decision, but if we are indeed thinking about Flick as the number one option for next season, it would make sense to give him the job now since he's available and we'd be able to see how things go for at least half a season.

Having said that, while I don't view Laporta favourably whatsoever, I think his hands area bit tied right now with Xavi, given the economic situation. It's one thing to fire him now and take the economic hit if Xavi didn't say anything about leaving. But now, given that he has said he's quitting, we'd have to pay out his contract for another year plus the remainder of this season to sack him, and so I get why he can't / doesn't sack Xavi at this moment.
I bet Laporta will sack Xavi should the team totally collapsed no mather the clauses. Better not wait the inevitable and make a move now since it is crucial to let a new manager do his job for almost half a year without much pressure to perfrom like in a brand new season.

Iniesta Ultra

I bet Laporta will sack Xavi should the team totally collapsed no mather the clauses. Better not wait the inevitable and make a move now since it is crucial to let a new manager do his job for almost half a year without much pressure to perfrom like in a brand new season.

Fatporta fucked himself into financial corner, stupid him doesn't realize will only get worse by not taking the hit now much less before renewing him.

JamDav1982

They need to use Barca B/Athletic again for potential coaches and not Barca B coaches being given a job just because supported Laportas campaign.

Former players recently retired from top level who have their badges and some charisma and give them a chance and evaluate them in B team.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

A lot of good options in summer, i think at the end De zerbi will come here. Imo the squad is good, just need the real Aurajo back + 1 new defender + 1 new striker

Porque

A lot of good options in summer, i think at the end De zerbi will come here. Imo the squad is good, just need the real Aurajo back + 1 new defender + 1 new striker

What about Sergio Conceicao. His credentials are good.

And also, worryingly in a way, he is a Mendes client who will no doubt be in Laporta's ear.

Don't think Deco will be adverse to the idea either.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

We can close the Arteta chapter:

Arteta: ''Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta on reports linking him with a move to Barcelona: "Totally fake news. I don't know where it is coming from, it's totally untrue and I'm very upset about it. It has no sources. You have to be cautious when you write things in the way it was yesterday"

Fati_Future_BallonDor

What about Sergio Conceicao. His credentials are good.

And also, worryingly in a way, he is a Mendes client who will no doubt be in Laporta's ear.

Don't think Deco will be adverse to the idea either.

The problem about him is that he coached only portugese teams and Nantes if i remember correctly, can this guy coach Barca?

Home of Barca Fans