Liga Round 19: Las Palmas - Barca 1-2

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It wasnt even about how good he is but the profile he brought. Players like Doku could have done similarly.

We needed a fast physical winger to ease pressure from high lines and we didn't get it. We have no winger who can break a high line and take the outside.

We haven't signed a proper LW since Neymar left. The recruitement policy of this club fucking sucks regardless of who the President is.
Don't have much hope sadly. We keep signing the wrong type of players.

serghei

We haven't signed a proper LW since Neymar left. The recruitement policy of this club fucking sucks regardless of who the President is.
Don't have much hope sadly. We keep signing the wrong type of players.

Recruitment policy as in signing whoever is rejected by their club or quite old. That's our pick of the lot atm.

Neeraj

:lol:

What is your measure for success in titles for the current team?

What should the club do in terms of results for a manger to keep its job at the club?

I want some real responses not some wishy-washy bullshit.

'm not obsessed with titles at the moment. As any fan who has the long term of the club in mind - I want to know we are making progress. So what I want is for us to be competitive at the top, fighting with Madrid / Girona and if we lose the title after a decent fight that's fine.

I want us to not get embarrassed in the champions league. Not have teams THRASH us like they have been doing regularly. And to go through and keep beating teams that are not on our level. Meet a good team like Arsenal and go out, while not getting embarrassed, and putting up a fight? Fine by me.

I want us to not get outplayed by the likes of Alavés, Almería and las palmas, amongst others. Teams that are clearly not on our level.

NONE of this is asking for too much given all the fucking levers Laporta pulled for a Qatar level coach. Nobody is asking for xavi to win the la liga title this season. I'm not even going to go into his pathetic signings, continuous complaining of grass, players, etc

Nor am I making a case for our squad. I think our team is pretty poor in an absolute sense with a lot of crap players. Both things can be true, unlike people here with an agenda who either overate the team or overrate the manager.

serghei

'm not obsessed with titles at the moment. As any fan who has the long term of the club in mind - I want to know we are making progress. So what I want is for us to be competitive at the top, fighting with Madrid / Girona and if we lose the title after a decent fight that's fine.

I want us to not get embarrassed in the champions league. Not have teams THRASH us like they have been doing regularly. And to go through and keep beating teams that are not on our level. Meet a good team like Arsenal and go out, while not getting embarrassed, and putting up a fight? Fine by me.

I want us to not get outplayed by the likes of Alavés, Almería and las palmas, amongst others. Teams that are clearly not on our level.

NONE of this is asking for too much given all the fucking levers Laporta pulled for a Qatar level coach. Nobody is asking for xavi to win the la liga title this season. I'm not even going to go into his pathetic signings, continuous complaining of grass, players, etc.

What about last year's big title? :lol:

That is not going to appear out of thin air. The next manager is gonna have to win it.

The team last season outplayed all teams in the league.

Sorin

The mid is all over the place, our CBs are instructed to hoof balls over their last line to forwards who have 2 speeds, slow and slower. Our defence and especially our transitional defence is atrocious, there’s literally nothing to look forward to.

delancey

Its not surprising he ended up leaving, he was treated awfully, no club throws a player into the stands for wanting to leave on a free.

In that case we should have sought a replacement urgently anyway, its about the profile, none of our forwards can break a high line.
He just wanted more money! That’s what it was about. If you’re dating a girl and she wants to be with another man unless you increase her weekly allowance, what would you do? 😂

With that said, he was an important player for us at the time, at a time of us having few replacement options. Sending him to the stands would have been silly. I wouldn’t say we treated him awfully. We just couldn’t afford to pay him whatever QSG is paying him.

We paid close to 150m for him and got around 50m back.

Home of Barca Fans