Liga Round 19: Las Palmas - Barca 1-2

Devils

Xavi isn't just a bad coach, he's genuinely terrible.

I've said in the past his La Liga win last year was equivalent to Roberto Di Matteo's CL win.

He's on the level of the likes of Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard, Wayne Rooney etc...

Neeraj

Why don't you list some good managers that aren't already at elite clubs.

This is a common theme around here. Everyone runs their mouth criticizing left and right, but when you ask them to come up with real solutions they suddenly lose their aplomb.

Football fans watch their clubs and maybe a few other top teams. How the hell would a fan who watches just these games know about managers, who is available, etc.

There's a reason there's people paid to do that. Scouting. I'm not the one being paid to do it. If you ask fans, all we can name are 3 or 4 'top' managers. Do you know what the manager is achieving in some random Dutch, Brazilian or argentine team? I sure as hell don't and I can guarantee you don't either. Xavi came in with ZERO credentials and has us playing terrorist t football against every scrub team. That is the point. He does not get the benefit of the doubt, simple as.

So no, it does not matter if a fan cannot name coaches, that's not how that position works, unlike players which is easier for fans to name.

After the management finds someone, we can then go look at what his team has achieved, what his resume is, what kind of football they play and then have an opinion on whether we tbknk he's good or not. Your ludicrously black and white approach of 'it's klopp pep ancelloti or death' makes no sense whatsoever.

CatalinR10

Usually have a really hard time falling asleep when going to bed.

Turned on tv , watched them score , watched the next atrocious 5 mins and felled asleep till half time.

Should record some games so I can watch them when I go to bed.

HOPE.

Porque

THAT in itself is shocking af

Imagine losing to Barbastro or Osasuna. Our confidence will be shot.

A hard fought final defeat to Madrid or Atleti I can take. And despite winning the highest ranking trophy in the league, somehow the schedule in the Sand doesn't benefit us. Cunts.

JamDav1982

Barca could be out of the top 4 having had about as hand picked first half season fixtures as could have.

Been at home to all of Girona, Real, Atletico and Bilbao etc.

It is an embarrasement and team lack shape and coaching big time.

delancey

Not a matter of seeing sense.

This is about as far as Xavi could have taken the team under current conditions. More than a La Liga title and going into a CL quarterfinal possibly... don't think can be achieved.

If some guy can do more... I'm open. I am gonna support that guy. Xavi is gonna step down himself btw, he's one of the biggest Barcelona legends. If he feels he can't take the team further, he's gonna leave.
Which current conditions? Our squad is one of the best in La Liga! We have one of the highest wage bills in the world. Fact is, beyond a terrible style of play under Xavi, we’re getting outsmarted by opponents with only a fraction of Barca’s talent and wage bill.

One could justify Xavi staying onboard with favorable results, despite our horrendous style of play, but not even that is the case anymore. Our players are as clueless and frustrated as we are. Zero patterns of play in midfield and attack.

What the hell are they doing in training? Rondos?

Quite frankly, Id be satisfied with us finishing in top 4 under a new manager, but we should be playing attractive football and trying to dominate games against opponents that have only a fraction of our talent.

Morten

Xavi isn't just a bad coach, he's genuinely terrible.

I've said in the past his La Liga win last year was equivalent to Roberto Di Matteo's CL win.

He's on the level of the likes of Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard, Wayne Rooney etc...

I was thinking something along the same line, but then, we are having a season quite similiar to you last season, teams just aren't scoring against us, and yet, not for a moment do i think we are a briliant defensive side.

Maybe its not a coincidence.

Sorin

The team needs a reset guys. Surely, there’s another Christmas like break coming up shortly, right?

Masetro10

What's sad is the only reason Barca won the league last year is basically the same reason Real Madrid will run away with it this year. Defense.

Real Madrid has given up just 11 goals this year. That's similar to Barca last year. You only need 1 goal a game to win at RM. Barca needs 2,3,4 goals to win.

JamDav1982

Need to get on Roque and get at least two through the middle.

Fuck the pishy tactics of Xavi and get ball forward early to 2/3 up top.

JamDav1982

Better forwards? All of our players did well in their respective teams before joining us. Again, we have one of the best squads in La Liga. Players are not the problem. Xavi and his tactics (or lack thereof) are the problem.

Clearly.. that forward line is most expensive in La Liga by far and one Xavi as allowed to spend hundreds of milllions on.

They all look worse players.

Home of Barca Fans