Lionel Messi - v7

Vilarrubi

The GOAT returns to training.

EhU0wplWsAADG9y

Givenchy

Givenchy's statements here can be summarized in this template:

"Messi's the GOAT but he's the worst A, B, C, D...Z".

You clearly don't believe he's the GOAT, dawg. I mean you've pointed out that he's a terrible leader, lazy, money and power hungry at various points in the last 30 days in this thread. How do those traits add up to GOAT by your own calculations. So, stop this charade. There's no need to qualify your criticism with that first phrase as if that grants your remaining argument any sort of extra validity or immunity from backlash.

I'd much rather the criticism be like Serghei who's critique is consistent with where he ranks Messi (as one of the greats and none of the GOAT business).

Why should I face backlash for saying Barca comes first on a Barcelona forum? There is no immunity from backlash here and thats why this is a great forum, people can have different opinions without PC mods handing out bans left, right and centre

Messi is the greatest player I've ever seen so yes for me he is the GOAT. Hes a terrible captain though and should never of been given the armband for Barca or Argentina in the first place. Keeping a wantaway player as captain so as not to offend him more is just bullshit.

feggydinho

Why should I face backlash for saying Barca comes first on a Barcelona forum? There is no immunity from backlash here and thats why this is a great forum, people can have different opinions without PC mods handing out bans left, right and centre

Messi is the greatest player I've ever seen so yes for me he is the GOAT. Hes a terrible captain though and should never of been given the armband for Barca or Argentina in the first place. Keeping a wantaway player as captain so as not to offend him more is just bullshit.
This is simply calling a spade a spade 👌🏽

KingLeo10

The crux of my argument is how you're arriving at the conclusion that Messi is the GOAT when you discuss these various serious flaws that he has while making no mention of his merits. In fact, I don't remember a single post from you actually praising Messi (atleast not in the past few months). That's incongruency. I do agree with some of the flaws you've pointed out but in a less extreme manner. The only one I out and out agree with is him being a bad captain.

My broader point is that I've seen a great influx of posts here shitting on Messi that start off with "He's the GOAT BUT.....". I'm not saying that's necessarily you but there are more than the fair share of trolls here who use this structure. Just be upfront and criticize him.

Last edited:
Gutted. Never before, a player unhappy with his club and within a team of 'plug holes' has performed well.
Taking the armband away from him? Why don't you bench him while you're at it. Another insult to the GOAT. Wasting his last years🤬

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Puyol supporting him on social media again. Great to see. Saying how happy he is for Leo to stay and that we are much stronger with him.

Vilarrubi

My broader point is that I've seen a great influx of posts here shitting on Messi that start off with "He's the GOAT BUT.....".

:lol: like those troll posts on Twitter like... “I’m a Barca fan, but Ronaldo is the best player ever” etc

They always start like that :lol:

Newcomer

Even if you think he is not captain material anymore, you can't take his armband away. He holds such a place in the club and the club want to put the scandal behind. They didn't even fine him.

Now, i agree with you that he shows a very poor attitude as a captain in the videos. In this case, another player with more fighting spirit should step up. It is not rare to see a non captain speaking, motivating the group. Who are your vice captains ?

snowy

Even if you think he is not captain material anymore, you can't take his armband away. He holds such a place in the club and the club want to put the scandal behind. They didn't even fine him.

Now, i agree with you that he shows a very poor attitude as a captain in the videos. In this case, another player with more fighting spirit should step up. It is not rare to see a non captain speaking, motivating the group. Who are your vice captains ?

Pique + Busi + Roberto + :achoo: albamamanbobo :unsure:

About this cap thing, yeah why can't other playas just step up. Perso, I'd prefer Leo as cap than and a narcissus cuz I don't need any1 motivating me but guess it depends on individuals

Home of Barca Fans