Lionel Messi - v7

KingLeo10

I would be ten times more excited about watching Barca without any of the amigos around this season. FFS when will the reign of complacency end.

Richard.H

The question barca fans need to ask themselves is if its worth to lose all tactical capabilities in the team for two/three moments of messi magic? Is that worth the sacrifice? It will still probably work in LL but expect another smashing in UCL if messi drops deep.

KingLeo10

The question barca fans need to ask themselves is if its worth to lose all tactical capabilities in the team for two/three moments of messi magic? Is that worth the sacrifice? It will still probably work in LL but expect another smashing in UCL if messi drops deep.

It stopped working in LL last season. There is no more Messi magic hero ball. His last hurrah was Liverpool. He is still world class but under a setup/manager which caters to his remaining strengths.

Porque

I'm actually hopefully he sorts his head out and starts playing properly within a month or two. He doesn't really have any other choice. I can't see him mope all season. Not when the big games are here.

Andresito

Staff member
We're becoming more and more dependant on Messi, and at the same time Messi is declining. Maybe his erratic positioning is part of the decline.

We should try him as a 9, with players around him supporting him in attack.

KingLeo10

His production (46 G + A in 33 games) and his impact on games last year suggest otherwise.

I don't care about his numbers versus mickey mouse teams not in the top 4 in LL.

Messi made his name in history in the Pep era and Lucho era destroying the caliber of RM, Bayern, Man United. Not Eibar or Osasuna.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
And he continues to deliver, not his fault that most of the team around him continues to decline.

He doesn't deliver as consistently these days and costs us with his lack of workrate and leadership. The latter isn't his fault as there are no leaders in the team in general. The team also cannot evolve when Messi is playing - no other gameplan is possible with him on the pitch. It is natural that we are becoming even more dependent on him while he declines considerably.

serghei

He had 1 goal from open play since the restart before the last game against Alaves. His performances have been poor since January in general.

Yea, most of his numbers last season are built on stat padding vs smaller sides, especially at home.

If anyone cares to inspect the numbers, away goals from Messi were vs likes of Eibar and Alaves, and not much else. Relegation quality teams. I don't think he scored a single goal away against a top team except his Atletico winner.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans