Lionel Messi - v7

Messigician

Do you think about your death? A funeral like Maradona's?

Messi: "No, No I don't think about and I don't want to."

Dumbest interviewer ever

Messigician

Directed at Serghei dawgs Messi knows where I stand!

Messi: "There are many Cules who love me and want me to stay. But there are few who doesn't think like that after what happened in recent times."

Katarina1

Banned
Nah, there was a technicality because of COVID and the season having been rescheduled. Dont remember the exact explanation.

None of the contracts expiring on June 30th were extended unless both sides agreed. Messi's clause had a clear expiration date (June 10th I think) as well so there's no reason why it would change given that it mentioned a date rather than "x days after the 19-20 season."

kattanib

All this is cool as long as there is no contract extension. Lets make it easy for him to leave and open our front door for him so that he feels fine about it.

kattanib

While I have clearly been in the 'Messi is hindering us' camp, I think there are ways to make it work.

If used correctly and with the correct kind of players around him, Messi is still a great player. The problem is, aside from the significant overhaul that is needed, you need a manager who has not only the balls but the mandate to bench Messi.

It needs to be "Messi first sub off" strategy. You need to keep looking for ways to not play him, than the other way around. Saved up for big games, asked to run more for 60 minutes before being subbed off, have a clear plan instead of this 'floating role', not playing Copa games, etc. You do all of this, and I'm more than happy for him to stay with us until he goes to MLS.

However, those of us who think it's best for him to leave are mostly pessimistic about that happening. If it's a similar Messi-centric approach next year, then we're screwed.

100%

Messigician

Messi: "What they did with Luis Suarez seemed crazy to me... The way things were done, the way he left. He left for free to a rival team."

MY GOAT

JohnN

Exactly. Bring back Luis, Ernesto, Alexis and Arturo and the good times are back.

No one said bring Suarez back.
He said that he shouldn't have left for free to a direct competitor.

Just like Serghei, you seem to understand the opposite of what the man is saying.

Gnidrologist

Directed at Serghei dawgs Messi knows where I stand!

Messi: "There are many Cules who love me and want me to stay. But there are few who doesn't think like that after what happened in recent times."
This ir more about you.
Some Barca fans criticized your decision to leave.

Messi: There are a lot of Barca fans who believed in Bartomeu's propaganda and some who still want Valverde back. I am a footballer, I can't treat mental illness.

feggydinho

Messi: "What they did with Luis Suarez seemed crazy to me... The way things were done, the way he left. He left for free to a rival team."

MY GOAT

if this is true, and also coming from Messi that wanted to leave for free to Man City, lol (finally everyone is pursuing their own interest)

Rory

if this is true, and also coming from Messi that wanted to leave for free to Man City, lol (finally everyone is pursuing their own interest)

Big difference between paying a players contract off to join a rival team vs leaving for free because you are adamant your contract says you can.

Home of Barca Fans