Lionel Messi - v7

serghei

I think Messi can decide to stay if he sees some signals that team can be competitive again in CL possibly already next season, which means a decent display against PSG, not another humiliation.

As long as he agrees on some massive pay cut considering the financial mess we're in, I wouldn't oppose it that much anymore. But on the other hand if he wants to leave, that wouldn't be the end of the world as much as believed here imo.

Morten

As long as he agrees on some massive pay cut considering the financial mess we're in, I wouldn't oppose it that much anymore. But on the other hand if he wants to leave, that wouldn't be the end of the world as much as believed here imo.

You know he is getting a wage increase if he renews though, its Messi, after all.

serghei

You know he is getting a wage increase if he renews though, its Messi, after all.

Doubt the club can afford to even maintain his wage without fucking up the rebuilding project. Let alone raise it even more. We'll see in the summer.

JamDav1982

Doubt the club can afford to even maintain his wage without fucking up the rebuilding project. Let alone raise it even more. We'll see in the summer.

Maybe they get creative and offer him a contract over a longer term... 10 year contract at 200m. Loan him out to MLS etc when time comes. Works as 'ambassador' when comes back.

If Messi wants to stay they will start getting creative with it and surely he would want team as strong as possible.

Would still guess he is gone though.

Kul_z

Messi is known for stupid decisions, so it wouldnt surprise me if he really goes out in summer.
But maybe he realizes that we are right now in building phase and one of if not the most entertaining project in europe, but unfortunately without money.
Cant wait for the psg game, with intensity we are showing lately i have a good feeling that with a bit of luck we would blow them out of the park.

Koemann is on the right path to say i told you so, when he was telling in press that team would hit high form in february.

Home of Barca Fans