Lionel Messi - v7

jairzinho

Leo has to be smart and leave this sinking ship. This team is broken beyond a repair. We will probably need a minimum of 3 to 4 years to properly rebuild and he doesn't have that much time. I honestly hope he will go to City for his final 2 years.

Who will pay his wages?

raskolnikov

In a fast paced younger team an older Messi would be a great subersub/rotation player.
But he is too legendary for it to happen and earns too much.

Raketa10

Who will pay his wages?

The same ones who wanted to do that last summer. Why do you think he will demand huge wages? He has enough money for 10 lives. He probably only want's to challenge CL one more time and that's it. Messi has two years left in him and there is no way in hell he will spend that time in a dysfunctional club. Not even for 20 mil more.

In a fast paced younger team an older Messi would be a great subersub/rotation player.
But he is too legendary for it to happen and earns too much.

Super sub??? Something like Suarez is for ATM? :lol: He will be a crucial player wherever he goes. He would be a perfect fit for City. The cherry on top of the cake. The only potential problem could emerge if City wins this year's CL. Otherwise he could be for City something like Tom Brady was for Buccaneers this season.

Last edited:

olivis

Messi without legs can still be a good addition to the team only he needs players around him who can compensate for his 'walking'.

Even if he loses his speed he can play the Iniesta role 10x better than Iniesta. Messi has it all, but the coach needs to set the team up better

CatalinR10

let's hope the goat , the 6 times ballon d'or , 6 time europe golden boot winner , 10 times best player in spain , 7 times pichichi winner , 3 times uefa best player of the year , fifa world player of the year , the best fifa football player iffhs player of the decade and laureus award scores against psg.

@pedro

@kingleo10

@vilarrubi

@hardy

@devils

@malvolio

job done.

CatalinR10

Let's hope The GOAT , the 6 times Ballon D'or , 6 time Europe golden boot winner , 10 times best player in Spain , 7 times Pichichi winner , 3 times Uefa Best player of the year , Fifa World player of the year , The Best Fifa Football Player IFFHS player of the decade and Laureus award scores against Cadiz.

@Pedro

@KingLeo10

@Vilarrubi

@Hardy

@Devils

@Malvolio

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Let's hope The GOAT , the 6 times Ballon D'or , 6 time Europe golden boot winner , 10 times best player in Spain , 7 times Pichichi winner , 3 times Uefa Best player of the year , Fifa World player of the year , The Best Fifa Football Player IFFHS player of the decade and Laureus award scores against Cadiz.

@Pedro

@KingLeo10

@Vilarrubi

@Hardy

@Devils

@Malvolio

@Fati_Future_BallonDor

Lets hope guys :barcascarf:

Marshall D Teach

City would be very foolish to change their team and system to try to accommodate the current Messi.

They'd be even more foolish to pay him anywhere near his current salary.

Devils

Yeah no way City would disrupt their current system to accommodate a 34 year old.

Makes no sense, they look a like a complete team these days even without KDB.

eaman

City would be very foolish to change their team and system to try to accommodate the current Messi.

They'd be even more foolish to pay him anywhere near his current salary.

Well they say you should always improve the team after winning and they do need an attacker. Gundogan isn't going to keep up those scoring levels every year. Messi is free and I doubt he will be looking for anything near what he is getting now.

Birdy

Super sub??? Something like Suarez is for ATM? :lol: He will be a crucial player wherever he goes. He would be a perfect fit for City. The cherry on top of the cake. The only potential problem could emerge if City wins this year's CL. Otherwise he could be for City something like Tom Brady was for Buccaneers this season.

I am sick of this pseudo-argument.
Let me repeat it again: Atleti plays different football, Suarez has limited defensive duties, and on low-level LaLiga this can work.
Move to Barca now: We don't have the players to play that kind of football, the closest to it is the shitshow that EV created.
But even if we had, even if you got a simeone-upgrade on EV's football, I would still not want that for Barca.

About City:
Playing in LaLiga masks all the problems that get exposed when you play a top opponent in Europe, like tonight.
EPL is the strongest league in what Messi lacks: intensity, running, defending.
Scoring free-kicks and playing some beautiful through-balls will not make City any better, when they will lose one man in intensity, defending, and transitioning.

What @Raskolnikov says is the cleverest way to use Messi after summer of 2019.
A club that had assessed properly the needs of modern football would have taken that direction

eaman

I am sick of this pseudo-argument.
Let me repeat it again: Atleti plays different football, Suarez has limited defensive duties, and on low-level LaLiga this can work.
Move to Barca now: We don't have the players to play that kind of football, the closest to it is the shitshow that EV created.
But even if we had, even if you got a simeone-upgrade on EV's football, I would still not want that for Barca.

About City:
Playing in LaLiga masks all the problems that get exposed when you play a top opponent in Europe, like tonight.
EPL is the strongest league in what Messi lacks: intensity, running, defending.
Scoring free-kicks and playing some beautiful through-balls will not make City any better, when they will lose one man in intensity, defending, and transitioning.

What @Raskolnikov says is the cleverest way to use Messi after summer of 2019.
A club that had assessed properly the needs of modern football would have taken that direction

A team like city who keep the ball 70 percent of the time against nearly all teams in the league is perfect for messi

Home of Barca Fans