Lionel Messi - v7

neo_wolf

I hope they let in fans this season, Grizzy, Dembele,Cou, Umtiti and others to be wistled out of the stadium every game.

FC433

Bluffporta has really shown himself to be incredibly naive in the past few months. His whole plan to keep Messi hinged on 'let's move the deadwood' with no Plan B at all, that's incredibly unprofessional...
There was no plan B. Nothing could have been done, literally. Unless, well, La Liga decided to ease up and made an exception this time around, which would have been reasonable.

Rip Barcelona 2021-2022 will be the season we though the last one will be. I have no hope with Griezmann, Depay, COutinho, Umtiti to even fight for a Top 4 place.

FCBfan22

Supposing this is not a bluff, what a shameful way to announce the supposed exit of Messi. A club statement and a tribute video an hour later?

Exactly. If that's an announcement of the deparure of the best player ever... And this is the best we can do... We deserve it.

FC433

But, if either of those two obstacles still persists, why did Messi come back to Barcelona yesterday and why would they have a meeting with Jorge Messi today? Just to break the news face to face?
He lives and will live in Barcelona, and yes to the second one.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
But, if either of those two obstacles still persists, why did Messi come back to Barcelona yesterday and why would they have a meeting with Jorge Messi today? Just to break the news face to face?

For all we know Laporta and the club might not have been sincere/honest with Messi and his father about the obstacles there is to register him.

ATLBarcaFan

La Liga is ruined without Messi. Bar?a know it, Messi knows it, Tebas knows it and the other clubs know it. Bar?a try to force La Liga to "re-adjust" salary limits "for the common good". [@Borja_Pardo]

ESPN must be real happy that they just signed a deal to start broadcasting La Liga games in the US

Sailor Mars

Regardless of what happens, Bartomeu ruined the club financially to a point where Barca cannot even retain Messi.

But the bigger picture is that the Premier League is just too rich and increasing the gap between all the other leagues. It was only a matter of time before some Premier League teams minimized the dumb spending and started being a bit more efficient with the excess cash.

Man Utd, Chelsea can spend close to 150m+ while even Liverpool and Arsenal are making 40m+ signings after a global pandemic, while Barca is making free signings.

I could see the idea of a formal Super League returning in a few years again.

This seems very weird. Either bluff or deliberate cuntiness from the board

There is no bluff or power play. No sane club plays with the feelings of fans - some might off themselves after such a news.

People should try to express their true feelings, not hide behind optimism in some grand plan of establishing dominance over La Liga and saving Messi's contract. It won't happen.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He lives and will live in Barcelona, and yes to the second one.

The timing is suspicious and if the second was true, then I suppose all the reports from even credible sources saying they were planning on announcing his renewal were just trolling?

I am thinking something drastic must have happened yesterday or today that led to this.

Home of Barca Fans