Lionel Messi - v7

Messigician

Lionel Messi was even willing to lower his salary even more than what was agreed before, but Laporta was clear. The club simply can't register Messi.

? @sport

Hello? September is the registration... We can still go nuclear

Raketa10

Messi’s entourage says he is not talking to any other club because he is convinced the matter will be resolved.

Rassvet

Messi's surprise came when Laporta showed up at the meeting with Jorge Messi and said he was very sorry, but the club was not in a position to register the Argentine this season due to the salary limit imposed by LaLiga [sport]

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Sky will be showing Bundesliga games next season, so they must have made a fortune from that.

I doubt it. Kahn said a couple of days ago in his official interview with Bayern that Bundesliga TV money for the next four years would be less than before, and I think Sky took on the opportunity with an overall depressed value thanks to COVID to take it over from BT.

Leong157

The harsh reality at Bar?a is that as of today, the new signings can't be registered either.

? @Alfremartinezz

I think Larporta placed his bet on CVC money (ESL money before that). However, after study the CVC conditions today, it is impossible to accept.

That will explain the timing of this 180 turn. And I think we need to rush out the statement because Marca, a madrid media, broke the news which is not supposed to be released yet first.

malvolio

Messi's surprise came when Laporta showed up at the meeting with Jorge Messi and said he was very sorry, but the club was not in a position to register the Argentine this season due to the salary limit imposed by LaLiga [sport]

Is Laporta braindead? He had 6 months to figure that out.

Home of Barca Fans