Lionel Messi - v7

Messigician

Lionel Messi in his early Barcelona days: "If I ever leave, it's because they kick me out, not because I choose to."

It happened.

Leo Messi is emotionally destroyed. He did not expect this at all.

? @sport

xxxxxx

Jesus, the club will continue without Messi. It's not the end of the world if he leaves. People are making out that if Messi leaves the club will shut down the next day. Get over it! La Liga will also survive without Messi. People are making out that La Liga is over if Messi leaves. No, it isn't. The fans won't let the league die. It may lose a few ratings here or there, but it will survive and will grow a few years later.

What are we going to do when he retires? Beg him to play till he's about 50? No. We're going to move on and find a way around it. I'd rather we just move on and start focusing on the future. We should have let Messi leave last year. We would have saved so much money and we would have been in much better shape this season.

Messigician

Bar?a's statement is not final yet. It was put out to put pressure on Tebas and La Liga. The game is on!

? @tjuanmarti

Stunning! Tebes will bend the knee surely

Gari

Lionel Messi in his early Barcelona days: "If I ever leave, it's because they kick me out, not because I choose to."

It happened.

Leo Messi is emotionally destroyed. He did not expect this at all.

? @sport

But last year he left himself and no one kicked him out. These are just words.

ajnotkeith

We are a disgrace of a club. Shame, shame, shame, shame.

Laporta strung Messi and the fans along for nearly a year, telling everyone his contract was registered and sorted, to just cut Messi off after he came to sign his contract - what a fucking disgrace...!!!

And not only that but we have signed players which we didn't even know we'd be able to register. What will happen to our pull? Nobody will want to come here anymore, we can't even promise our signings they'll be registered

xxxxxx

Legit if Laporta was just stringing him along like Barto did, I'm done. If two presidents in a row misled and mistreated the greatest player in club history, how can I in good conscience support that leadership?

I mean, it was pretty obvious. Laporta pretty much said the same thing for the past 2 months. It's progressing and it'll be done. I'm willing to bet it was nowhere close to being done.

ajnotkeith

Jesus, the club will continue without Messi. It's not the end of the world if he leaves. People are making out that if Messi leaves the club will shut down the next day. Get over it! La Liga will also survive without Messi. People are making out that La Liga is over if Messi leaves. No, it isn't. The fans won't let the league die. It may lose a few ratings here or there, but it will survive and will grow a few years later.

What are we going to do when he retires? Beg him to play till he's about 50? No. We're going to move on and find a way around it. I'd rather we just move on and start focusing on the future. We should have let Messi leave last year. We would have saved so much money and we would have been in much better shape this season.

We're literally contemplating not being able to register multiple signings that were only announced this month. That is a joke.

Messi983

I mean, it was pretty obvious. Laporta pretty much said the same thing for the past 2 months. It's progressing and it'll be done. I'm willing to bet it was nowhere close to being done.

Messi and Barca had a deal. Problem is we can't register him. So Laporta didn't actually lie about progress in negotiations with Messi.

Home of Barca Fans