Lionel Messi - v7

Raketa10

He probably expected Messi to be less greedy than he is. Man is money first and we have little of that. So he moves to one of the few teams that swim in oil dollars.

I expected more from Messi in this tough period.

But it's his right to choose the best option for him and his family. Fans and Barca are not really high on the priority list except for a select few romantic types. Messi doesn't fit that profile.

We couldn't register him even if he decided to play for free mate. Our current salaries are way over the cap even without Messi. I hope that in 20 minutes we'll know more.

Raki13

He probably expected Messi to be less greedy than he is. Man is money first and we have little of that. So he moves to one of the few teams that swim in oil dollars.

Lets face it , he was only at the club this long because Barca were the only club that would give him and his father any amount of cash they demanded.

His greed is disgusting but I suppose its the way most players are these days.

serghei

Yeah, but majority of people and neutral fans will want to watch that spectacle. Neymar, Messi, Mbappe, Di Maria, Verratti, Wijnaldum, Ramos, Donnarumma. That's somehow Galacticos 3.0

I mean many will get bored as Ligue1 is a farmers league, but in the CL all eyes will be on them.

Will for a while, after they realize that it's like watching the Lakers in Superleague fighting against Anadolu Efes and CSKA.

mc_lovin

But it's his right to choose the best option for him and his family. Fans and Barca are not really high on the priority list except for a select few romantic types. Messi doesn't fit that profile.

Apart from a grand gesture (effectively playing for free) there's not much he can do. And I don't think it's fair to demand that from him.

Either way, Messi would have left sooner rather than later anyway. Hopefully we manage to give him a nice farewell, that's the only regrettable thing for me.

ajnotkeith

2 ways this goes. Either Laporta dumps all the blame on Tebas or comes clean about his lies and is honest about the situation of our new signings too.

Nazario1985

People still thinking la Ligua is way ahead of league 1 clearly did not watch the shit shows from last season.

In another note, same people who were asking for Messi exit to help the club finances and a better rebuild and making fun of him saying " I want a sporting project" because if he stayed it was clearly not true ... are now trashing him for leaving to win more $$$ ignoring all the rumors stating he agreed to lower his salary significantly.

Messi is like the Jews, gotta blame someone !!

Meanwhile Laporta should call his friend or boss Florentino and go ahead with the superleague shit even if it means a ban from CL, as they both reject the CVC deal.

ajnotkeith

But it's his right to choose the best option for him and his family. Fans and Barca are not really high on the priority list except for a select few romantic types. Messi doesn't fit that profile. He's selfish in a way most superstars are. And most people actually.

I genuinely think we might be in a utterly dire situation and it just overwhelmed Laporta. I don't think Messi could be registered even if he played for free, we are that far over, and I believe we won't be able to register our signings without big changes.

Nazario1985

They knew !! Laporta was the only delusional

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Messi's last trophy celebration with Barcelona 😢 <a href="https://t.co/fGdlxd4LFO">pic.twitter.com/fGdlxd4LFO</a></p>— Messi Worldwide (@Messi_Worldwide) <a href="https://twitter.com/Messi_Worldwide/status/1423560024954187783?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 6, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

serghei

Apart from a grand gesture (effectively playing for free) there's not much he can do. And I don't think it's fair to demand that from him.

Either way, Messi would have left sooner rather than later anyway. Hopefully we manage to give him a nice farewell, that's the only regrettable thing for me.

It is fair to ask for the gesture considering his inflated contract prior to the crisis. He would have gotten paid later anyway. Barca paid him royaly until now we can't. Shitty to bail out when this happens. Unlegend-like.

But it's not a tragedy if he leaves for the club. Just puts him in a bad light, especially if he goes to oil club PSG in an inferior league.

If he goes to EPL I can understand going where the elite football is currently to prove himself at this age, that he's still the best. PSG is a joke moneygrab move that makes perfect sense for a money-first athlete.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

Meanwhile Laporta should call his friend or boss Florentino and go ahead with the superleague even if it means a ban from CL, as they both reject the CVC deal.

I agree about the rest, but the link between CVC and ESL is not the biggest problem (like the media tries to suggest). It's objectively a terrible financial deal first and foremost.

Home of Barca Fans