Lionel Messi - v7

Andresito

Staff member
i don't buy it. he had sources in the club before running for president and had a couple of months after winning to evaluate the situation.

we could have put all the unwanted players on the market since march. might have got rid of dembele before him getting injured.

No such thing as 'putting players on the market'. If there are no concrete offers, they can't be sold. I doubt anybody wanted to pay 50m for Dembele in March.

ronniecro

it's not so much about him leaving but the way it's happening. we bid farewell to the greatest player in the history over social media accounts,without accolades he deserves...what an shitty and insulting way to end his legacy here

serghei

If he joins EPL I'll watch him. But if he goes the easy money way and relaxes in Ligue 1... :lol: not worth it for some 3-4 top games a season in CL quarters or semi.

ajnotkeith

If Laporta's only plan to resign Messi was 'let's hope somebody takes our deadwood' he is incompetent and not fit to run the club. However least of all considering Atletico's offer for him was pretty much concrete and they would have taken him, for a very low amount, but they would, it confuses me how they didn't prio Messi over Griezmann? I'd rather half a year of Messi than 10 years of Griezmann on his wages

Further the talks of wage cuts only got serious this month, that's something he should have done from the start. How you can sign 4 players without guaranteeing you can even register them, and guaranteeing you can even register Messi, is shocking. FC Barcelona.

behindbrowneyes

If he joins EPL I'll watch him. But if he goes the easy money way and relaxes in Ligue 1... :lol: not worth it for some 3-4 top games a season in CL quarters or semi.

Yeah, but majority of people and neutral fans will want to watch that spectacle. Neymar, Messi, Mbappe, Di Maria, Verratti, Wijnaldum, Ramos, Donnarumma. That's somehow Galacticos 3.0

I mean many will get bored as Ligue1 is a farmers league, but in the CL all eyes will be on them.

serghei

If Laporta's only plan to resign Messi was 'let's hope somebody takes our deadwood' he is incompetent and not fit to run the club. However least of all considering Atletico's offer for him was pretty much concrete and they would have taken him, for a very low amount, but they would, it confuses me how they didn't prio Messi over Griezmann? I'd rather half a year of Messi than 10 years of Griezmann on his wages

Further the talks of wage cuts only got serious this month, that's something he should have done from the start. How you can sign 4 players without guaranteeing you can even register them, and guaranteeing you can even register Messi, is shocking. FC Barcelona.

He probably expected Messi to be less greedy than he is. Man is money first and we have little of that. So he moves to one of the few teams that swim in oil dollars.

I expected more from Messi in this tough period.

But it's his right to choose the best option for him and his family. Fans and Barca are not really high on the priority list except for a select few romantic types. Messi doesn't fit that profile. He's selfish in a way most superstars are. And most people actually.

Last edited:

Zidane82

It's surprising that after Barcelona's announcement saying that Messi will not continue wearing the club's shirt, no player has posted a farewell message on Instagram or any other social media platforms. [sport]

behindbrowneyes

He probably expected Messi to be less greedy than he is. Man is money first and we have little of that. So he moves to one of the few teams that swim in oil dollars.

I expected more from Messi in this tough period.

Let's see if the club can even registrate Memphis, Garcia, Emerson and Aguero before we call Messi greedy. I highly doubt it.

Home of Barca Fans