Lionel Messi - v7

Newcomer

Is it within its rights?
Something doesn't seem quite right there.
Super League stance shouldn't really affect the application of rules.

Yes, within its rights. He doesn't have to make an exception for Bar?a. Bar?a wanted to find a compromise, he made an offer, Bar?a refused.

He is the boss of La Liga and he feels Super League threatens his organization and its product. He would be a fool not to try and take advantage of the situation to secure a stronger postion for his side. You won't do a favour to someone who is backstabbing you.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Don't think this will end here. I think what happened between Messi and Laporta will get out in the coming months.

Messigician

We need to make a distinction between Barcelona socios and FC Barcelona going after PSG, which Messigician posts are claiming. The socios are not the club.

FC Barcelona are not going after PSG, but FCB/Real Madrid/Juve WILL go after UEFA and LaLiga.

Barcelona are the socios and the socios are Barcelona forcabarca

Messigician

Messi lands on Paris soil, crying.
"Why art thou in tears mine child?" Pochettino asks
Messi : "It's so beautiful, I will play under the best manager in the galaxy"
Pochettino : "Who told thee? thou must need a strong heart, mine child"
Messi : "He is a legend... his name, Newcomer, he is on Barcaforum"
Pochettino : "err... thats my mom"

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Yeah, I'm with you. And even in an ambassador role, he'd rather be the face than the mouth. They'd not let him actually negotiate stuff.

I have no idea what club ambassadors do actually, I think they just act as the face of the club and tour around the world and show up at different events promoting the club, I think.

El Gato

Villarato!
Yes, within its rights. He doesn't have to make an exception for Bar?a. Bar?a wanted to find a compromise, he made an offer, Bar?a refused.

He is the boss of La Liga and he feels Super League threatens his organization and its product. He would be a fool not to try and take advantage of the situation to secure a stronger postion for his side. You won't do a favour to someone who is backstabbing you.

Course he doesn't have to.
But he was willing to, which is sort of against the notion of categorical 'no' stance he took in past weeks/months.

Explains why Barca did a quick U-turn on the CVC deal too.

Porque

And I have a feeling they will fail and Agnelli, Laporta and Florentino might all have to collectively resign if they go to war with UEFA and LaLiga.

Yeah, generally you don't go to war with two groups, national interests and those who put the politicians there. It hurts, but there is not much these clubs can do.

Their only option is to try and do a Super League within the EU (no UK clubs) and try to go head to heard with the EPL. But Uefa have too many allies and weapons.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Yeah, generally you don't go to war with two groups, national interests and those who put the politicians there. It hurts, but there is not much these clubs can do.

Their only option is to try and do a Super League within the EU (no UK clubs) and try to go head to heard with the EPL. But Uefa have too many allies and weapons.

Super League without the English Clubs, without Bayern Munich, without PSG.....yeah that's not a Super League and that's destined to fail.

They need the big English clubs to flip and there's nothing to suggest they will.

Messigician

Its all bullshit.

All of it

PSG made Barca a offer he couldn't refuse end of

He's sad to leave but playing in France vs farmers with his amigos at his side is an easy second choice when he gets a pay rise

Newcomer

Course he doesn't have to.
But he was willing to, which is sort of against the notion of categorical 'no' stance he took in past weeks/months.

Explains why Barca did a quick U-turn on the CVC deal too.

He was only willing if he was able to thwart their backstabbing way by binding them with CVC contract.

Home of Barca Fans