Lionel Messi - v7

serghei

And all of that while they still have a lot of revenue.

Meanwhile, it seems like we have nothing.

We have something. Quality academy. If we are smart it can be a gold mine and a lifeboat 2 in 1.

We also need to do better at drawing talent from La Liga. Spain was in the final of both Euro and Olympics this year. It is a great pool of talent but we need to work better at finding players like Pedri.

serghei

In other times young players never get enough game time because places are filled by world class players. Now we have a bunch of finished veterans, so they can grab their chance. And the pressure will be lower than ever.

It's a good platform for young players, but we need to have bulletproof contracts or else we'll get Ilaixed again.

Newcomer

I can't believe they're trying to justify it.

The fact they're picking apart teams like Man Utd, Real Madrid and Barcelona.... is incredible. We have rich histories without spending big amounts of money to get there. They're trying to rush there without playing by the rules.

They should be thankful that a billionaire owner has pumped millions/billions in their club, but they're trying to attack other clubs for playing by the rules. There is a reason why a lot of people hate City, Chelsea and PSG. They all have egos, and they think they're doing this all legit. There is a reason why teams like PSG and City want the FFP gone.

If we were owned by a billionaire owner and spent beyond our means in regards to the FFP, you wouldn't see me attacking other clubs.

I'm not the only one justifying it.

Look i just happened to read a thread on reddit soccer and a guy started to make the same argument that oil money club are bad, nanani nanana, but at least Chelsea get a pass for being relevant before the takeover (while Chelsea didn't win necessarily more than PSG or City in their long history). See the points being made by people fans from several countries :

?
7d

Won't include Chelsea because they were relevant even before the takeover.

What those 2 are doing is absolute madness that's being accepted by the same crowd who'd go crazy when ESL is mentioned.

Without Chelsea, those two clubs wouldn't exist. Not in the way they do now. Chelsea started it. City and PSG just took it to its logical conclusion. Chelsea is just as, if not more guilty of creating cash injected super clubs.
level 4
geo0rgi
?
7d

The whole thing started way before that. The Italian clubs were the original sugerdaddy clubs in the late 90's with all their owners measuring their dicks with outrageous transfers.

In my view Berlusconi started the whole thing in the late 80's and PSG and Man City/Chelsea are just the natural continuation of the trend.
level 4
Bitches_BBitches
?
7d

Fucking lol.

Italian teams were getting mob money. And milan was getting taxpayers money funneled by Italy's PM.

Back in the 60s/70s nation backed teams existed. Red Star Belgrade, Steaua Bucaresti, CSKA Moscow exists lmao.
level 4
gamermacska
?
7d

I'd say the culprit is madrid with their original galactico squad in the 50s, but the italian clubs with Ac milan leading were even worse, until milan's sugar daddy stopped caring. Chelsea is just the first club people made a big deal out of.
level 5
TheoRaan
?
7d

I concede your point about the Italian teams but Madrid is fan owned, not the same
level 6
gamermacska
?
7d

I meant it more like using money to buy a bunch of good footballers, and back then madrid was heavily state sponsored.
level 7
con-man69
?
6d

Was never state sponsored but Perez was friends with Prime Minister and somehow lobbied to change rules to sell our training ground as an area where infrastructure can be built. Built 4 complexes, 2 for City council and 2 for Madrid and got 200m from it to fund out debt and buy Figo

Give a source for this statefunded claim would you?
level 8
gamermacska
?
6d

Who the hell was talking about perez and that era you brick head.
level 9
con-man69
?
6d

Give evidence instead of pulling it outta your ass maybe?
level 7
TheoRaan
?
7d

back then madrid was heavily state sponsored.

Also a good point.
level 3
MacaqueAphrodisiaque
?
7d
? edited 7d

PSG were more relevant than Chelsea before the takeover.
level 3
FrankTheWerewolf
?
7d

Ahhh, yes, the relevant team that had 1 league title before Abramovich, while City had 2 league titles before Mansour.

Richard.H

Messi's Facebook an hour ago just posted this:

"Me hubiera gustado irme de otra manera aunque supongo que nunca una despedida puede ser algo lindo? Me habr?a encantado seguir ac?, lo hice todo con ese objetivo y al final no se dio. Solo tengo palabras de agradecimiento para todos los que me acompa?aron en tantos a?os en el club. Y para nuestra afici?n, que me dieron todo su cari?o y que intent? devolv?rselo dando yo tambi?n todo por esta camiseta. Me voy pero no es un adi?s, solo un hasta luego. Visca el Bar?a!!!"

Google translate:

"I would have liked to leave differently but I guess never a goodbye can be a nice thing... I would have loved to stay here, I did everything with that goal and in the end it wasn't given. I only have words of thanks to everyone who joined me in so many years at the club. And for our fans, who gave me all their love and that I tried to give it back to them, I also gave everything for this shirt. I'm leaving but it's not a goodbye, just a later. Hooray for Bar?a!!!"

gulaman

Can I say how truly daft it is that La Liga has lost its greatest ever player because they are so eager to implement some form of FFP, yet the club Messi has joined simply ignores all and any form of FFP?

Messigician

All factors combined, a fixed salary cap was stringently implemented that had to be met at all costs. No new player could be registered if the wage bill exceeded the limit, and Barcelona?s No.10 was technically a ?new signing?.

Yet we didn't extend him. Lol it's because he decided to leave

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Can I say how truly daft it is that La Liga has lost its greatest ever player because they are so eager to implement some form of FFP, yet the club Messi has joined simply ignores all and any form of FFP?

Tebas decided that his ego is more important than anything else.

terryzinc

1 Messi did not want to leave
2 Secretly Laporte wanted Messi to leave
3 Laporte says we cannot afford Messi but SIGNS MORE PLAYERS and REFUSED CVC he made sure Messi would have to leave
4 This year all the Messi haters will see how much he really meant to this team
5 We will not play young players look who they added Depay Aguero etc this will never be a youth based team
6 PSG will now have a team greater than MSN it is the greatest team in the history of world football now SMH

eaman

1 Messi did not want to leave
2 Secretly Laporte wanted Messi to leave
3 Laporte says we cannot afford Messi but SIGNS MORE PLAYERS and REFUSED CVC he made sure Messi would have to leave
4 This year all the Messi haters will see how much he really meant to this team
5 We will not play young players look who they added Depay Aguero etc this will never be a youth based team
6 PSG will now have a team greater than MSN it is the greatest team in the history of world football now SMH

Barcelona 08 to 15 were better than this psg if Messi joins. Other than the front 3, Verratti and donarumma it is not that impressive. Ramos is not what he was

Home of Barca Fans