Lionel Messi - v7

Barcilliant

You cannot build a team around a 33 year old Messi. This is a major issue with the club. Always trying to please him etc.
He is disappearing in big matches nowadays alot.
It's time for a manager with balls. We need sweeping changes on and off the field.

serghei

You cannot build a team around a 33 year old Messi. This is a major issue with the club. Always trying to please him etc.
He is disappearing in big matches nowadays alot.
It's time for a manager with balls. We need sweeping changes on and off the field.

Yea, it's incredible how sensitive people are to an obvious thing like that. Xavi was phased out. Iniesta was phased out. It's time for Barca to contemplate phasing out Messi too. We can start this by not giving him freedom to do what he wants.

5ergio_Busquets

Anyone would struggle with no service, no creativity no width, nothing just all players man marking him.

Actual insanity how bad our build up play and creativity is. This is the worst football Barca has ever played

Did you even watch the game? Messi was rarely given so much space like today in a clasico despite walking for most of the game. This Madrid would have lost against any decent team.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
No, it will take some time, but a new cycle could surely do that if it's built well and we make good transfers and hire a top manager. It's not like a joker player is the only way to win and create. More teams win without one and a good system top manager, than with joker manager, crap fitness and weak manager/board.

Yes and it will take a long time and it has too many dependencies on a lot of big IFs. I am afraid we won't have the right people upstairs (no guarantee Font and others will be better) or the money to buy all those players we need to rebuild.

Messigician

Did you even watch the game? Messi was rarely given so much space like today in a clasico despite walking for most of the game. This Madrid would have lost against any decent team.

LOL don't @ me if you'll give me that nonsense. Was literal backpasses and sideways passes. Messi still came closest to scoring and had the best chances of the game. Where was 125m Greaseman?

serghei

Yes and it will take a long time and it has too many dependencies on a lot of big IFs. I am afraid we won't have the right people upstairs (no guarantee Font and others will be better) or the money to buy all those players we need to rebuild.

The ifs are bigger or smaller depending on what men we pick to get the job done.

eaman

You cant say he didnt make runs tonight anyway. He was through on goal twice and with his usual finishing ability on one of the chances he would've been the hero again and no one would be saying anything negative.

sickstar

Anything is better than playing Vidal and FDJ on the fkn wings.

What?? well that explains.
What on earth has happened. We need to get a good winger (we barely had any) and choose the best option between FDJ,Vidal and Arthur to accompany bob to play in the center, or play them in turn. Even Raki a better player to play on the wing than De jong and Vidal.

I only watched second half so i only saw first half from clip.
Messi had his chance, honestly from the part i watched him in 2nd half, he's being aggressively tackled by casemiro, marcelo who played quite clean tonight, so not much chance for him. But from what i watched in the clips, two good saves from curtois, and some wasteful shots from griezman (this man), and quite a good one from arthur, i think. Just not our night. I still have a feeling messi is not 100% after all these games, either his condition has dropped, maybe need some time with that italian nutritionist, discomfort issue, or he has surely lost some strength.

Anyway, madrid's physical condition is still great, whatever people called them, average madrid, worst madrid. I mean they attacked with almost all players, making our player confused who to watch, but when they lost the ball, they quickly regained it or our players is not quick enough to take advantage of their advance position. Change barca to liverpool and madrid would have lost 0-3 from counters.

Last edited:

CatalinR10

Let's hope The Best Fifa Football Player , Golden Boot , Ballon D'or and Laureus award winner scores against Real Sociedad.

[MENTION=21723]Pedro[/MENTION]

[MENTION=19457]KingLeo10[/MENTION]

[MENTION=17309]Vilarrubi[/MENTION]

[MENTION=20830]Hardy[/MENTION]

[MENTION=16751]Devils[/MENTION]

[MENTION=20484]gasgas[/MENTION] ( you're walking on thin ice )

[MENTION=16735]bismp[/MENTION]

Andrew M

Calls for his 'phasing out' are premature in my opinion. But he is clearly not happy right now. His body language is poor. He looks miserable to be honest. But then you can understand when you see the attackers he has around him.

FC433

^
I agree. I understand some of you might be overwhelmed and disappointed but do not let one game or even a competition get to you.

Messi should be a pure CAM against almost 90% of the teams and play as a LF + CF aka broken winger against top teams next season.

sickstar

genuinely concerned with how he's been playing lately. his last amazing game was in December. after that, he's been very meh.

we shouldnt blame him though. just look at what the board did to him and his career these past few years. and especially this season.

This past few seasons? He was the best player last season, officially, statistically, deservedly. This season, i agree, still good but not quite goat standard. Hopefully he wasn't bored in playing football, yet. There could be something bugging him outside the field, that bothering his mind, or his physical condition has fall. There are so many condition such as, late pass that made defenders look good, or some bad controls. He just doesn't seem to play with that much happiness anymore.

Horatio

You're welcome
Don’t want to come up with excuses for him but it does seem he is injured. He seems uncomfortable and his aim is off.

Home of Barca Fans