Lionel Messi - v7

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Because even with an injured Messi we still have a chance of winning our games. Who else in this team can win us games?

Exactly, and you don't go to Bernabeu without him (except if you have Suárez or Neymar who can also deliver at the top level)... Playing our current squad without him is suicide, it would give a huge psychological advantage to opposition...

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
That went reasonably well until the fitness part took in and our players were walking instead of running because they had nothing left. We are trained like old men and move like old men.

I was sure Madrid will dominate us physically and they did in the 2nd half. They looked fresh, we looked spent.

You cannot win major trophies when most of your team is old, players are playing out of position becoming ineffective, and you play with absolutely no width or pace up front.
You loved the lineup. Own it.

serghei

You cannot win major trophies when most of your team is old, players are playing out of position becoming ineffective, and you play with absolutely no width or pace up front.
You loved the lineup. Own it.

Come on, man, be reasonable. We have 13 players available ffs. :lol: That IS the line-up. Seems to me like you're coming after me for trash talking Messi. Fine. That I own.

Givenchy

Because even with an injured Messi we still have a chance of winning our games. Who else in this team can win us games?

as Messi ages more, the difficult decision will have to be made: how much longer is it practical to have 1 player strolling around the pitch putting in low workrate without a defined position vs moments of magic which lets face it.. are drying up.

DonAK

Come on, man, be reasonable. We have 13 players available ffs. :lol: That IS the line-up.

Are you telling me that neither Braithwaite nor Ansu could have started? Braithwaite cannot even playing in the fucking Champions League. If you're not using him in La Liga games why did you even sign him?

5ergio_Busquets

Use him to make a transition to younger generations during the next 2 seasons and stop expecting miracles from him every single game. He is a human, and humans tend to slow down dramatically in their mid thirties.

Yeah use him for transition while paying him half of the club's budget to have a walk on the pitch. He isn't even the leader or the kind of player who mentors young players.

Raketa10

Come on, man, be reasonable. We have 13 players available ffs. :lol: That IS the line-up. Seems to me like you're coming after me for trash talking Messi. Fine. That I own.

Exactly, so don't blame Messi for our shitty display. A team like Barca should have much more solutions than just relaying on almost 33y old Messi FFS!

xxxxxx

People talking about age, he isn't even trying. It's not like he is fighting but isn't able any more, he isn't trying at all!
And what a leader and worthy captain he is.

I guarantee you if he was playing in a team like Liverpool or Man City, he would be dominating in their teams.... mostly because he'd have way more motivation to win. But under average managers and having decent to crap teammates for years, you're going to eventually lose your motivation. It will affect your performance.

This is all on the board. They've bought badly for years. They keep bringing in average managers. They've wasted Messi's prime years. And I honestly feel Messi is finally starting to see it. He's had enough.

If I were Messi I would be looking for a new club in the summer. Because we ain't winning the Champions League this season.

serghei

Are you telling me that neither Braithwaite nor Ansu could have started? Braithwaite cannot even playing in the fucking Champions League. If you're not using him in La Liga games why did you even sign him?

Ansu is a talented child, but a child, who looked very off in the last few games he played, physically. I know Braithwaite is the new 'sensation', but come on... Vidal was a better option than him, and Vidal was good in the first half.

DonAK

Ansu is a talented child, but a child, who looked very off in the last few games he played, physically. I know Braithwaite is the new 'sensation', but come on... Vidal was a better option than him, and Vidal was good in the first half.

Had this been Valverde you would have been killing him. It's ridiculous. You need to take off those tinted glasses you're wearing and realize how mediocre Setien really is.

MagIX

Exactly, and you don't go to Bernabeu without him (except if you have Suárez or Neymar who can also deliver at the top level)... Playing our current squad without him is suicide, it would give a huge psychological advantage to opposition...

In front wihtout him:
Fati-Braithwaite-Griezmann
:facepalm::wacko:

Home of Barca Fans